- High School Sports
- Prince of Peace seniors say goodbye CLINTON -- Seniors never want to lose the last game of their high school careers on their home floor. The Prince of Peace Irish did on Thursday, losing to Tri-Rivers foe Midland 66-52 at Central Catholic Auditorium. "It's a shame for the seniors to
- Easton Valley advances CLINTON -- Easton Valley might have won by 22 points Thursday in Central Catholic Auditorium, but the looks on the faces of the River Hawks told a slightly different story, knowing they can play much better. The River Hawks (18-2) took care of Marqu
- Kings' high crashes DES MOINES - Emotions that seemed so fabulous early Thursday afternoon after wins by seniors Hunter Genco and Alex Caldwell came crashing down just as fast, and dropped even further for the Clinton High wrestling team. Five pins in a row - all of the
- Sabers silence Marion DEWITT -- Marion tried to hold its lead on the Central DeWitt Sabers, but the Sabers won 48-43 thanks to an early fourth quarter run. Marion had the lead coming out of the locker room at halftime, but the Sabers caught up midway through the third qu
- Camanche advances CAMANCHE -- It was as if the Northeast Rebels were witnessing the same nightmare they had a month and 10 days ago. Seven seconds to go. Score tied at 48 between Northeast and Camanche. Camanche is working the ball around, trying to get Kylie Vogel o
- Queens open 5A playoffs with victory CLINTON - For one half of basketball, it looked like the Clinton River Queens would sail to an easy victory over Davenport Central. However, the Queens needed a fourth quarter rally following a scoreless third period to advance in Class 5A Region 6 p
- Host school ends run by Fulton OREGON, Ill. -- Fulton's season ended Tuesday with a 60-31 loss to host Oregon in the semifinals of the Illinois Class 2A Oregon Regional girls basketball tournament. Oregon controlled the game from the start, outscoring the Steamers 17-6 in the firs
- Saints complete 7-for-7 home stand By Jon Gremmels Herald Sports Editor Saints complete 7-for-7 home stand
Jones becomes Clinton's all-time scoring leader
Jalen Jones scored 21 points, surpassing Dick Farwell as the leading scorer in school history, and led Clinton to a 50-40 victory against Burlington on Friday.
CHS seniors star on Senior Night
Clinton's two seniors, Erin Wenzel and Jordan Nelson, combined for 41 points on Senior Night and led the River Queens to their second consecutive girls basketball win, a 64-45 victory against visiting Burlington on Friday.
- More High School Sports Headlines