- High School Sports
- Camanche advances CAMANCHE -- It was as if the Northeast Rebels were witnessing the same nightmare they had a month and 10 days ago. Seven seconds to go. Score tied at 48 between Northeast and Camanche. Camanche is working the ball around, trying to get Kylie Vogel o
- Queens open 5A playoffs with victory CLINTON - For one half of basketball, it looked like the Clinton River Queens would sail to an easy victory over Davenport Central. However, the Queens needed a fourth quarter rally following a scoreless third period to advance in Class 5A Region 6 p
- Host school ends run by Fulton OREGON, Ill. -- Fulton's season ended Tuesday with a 60-31 loss to host Oregon in the semifinals of the Illinois Class 2A Oregon Regional girls basketball tournament. Oregon controlled the game from the start, outscoring the Steamers 17-6 in the firs
- Saints complete 7-for-7 home stand By Jon Gremmels Herald Sports Editor Saints complete 7-for-7 home stand
Jones becomes Clinton's all-time scoring leader
Jalen Jones scored 21 points, surpassing Dick Farwell as the leading scorer in school history, and led Clinton to a 50-40 victory against Burlington on Friday.
CHS seniors star on Senior Night
Clinton's two seniors, Erin Wenzel and Jordan Nelson, combined for 41 points on Senior Night and led the River Queens to their second consecutive girls basketball win, a 64-45 victory against visiting Burlington on Friday.
Boys basketball roundup: Cascade avenges loss to Camanche
Cascade got a little revenge Friday, beating Camanche 74-48 in River Valley Conference boys basketball.
Girls basketball roundup: Cascade beats Camanche
Cascade remained unbeaten Friday with a 43-30 win against Camanche in River Valley Conference girls basketball.
Bowling roundup: Sabers, Cardinals split
Central DeWitt won the girls match and Maquoketa won the boys dual as the schools split Friday in high school bowling.
- Easton Valley tops Marquette Tuesday BELLEVUE -- Chase Zaruba scored 26 points on Tuesday night as Easton Valley defeated Bellevue Marquette 57-44. Zaruba, who has been on a scoring tear in the second half this season, scored 14 of those 26 in the first half while teammate Logan Wilhel
- More High School Sports Headlines