- High School Sports
Playoff football: Nissen dissects EV
SPRINGVILLE -- Trailing by two touchdowns, Easton Valley seemingly had the pick-me-up it needed as it drove toward the end zone late in the first half. Workhorse running back Andrew Driscoll had carried the ball on six of the eight plays in the drive
Cross Country: Kokjohn, Kaster satisfied with state
Jackie Kokjohn is quite familiar with the 4,000-meter girls cross country course at Kennedy Park. Kim Kaster wanted to use Saturday’s state meet as a way to get to know it.
Cross Country: Battle for top 10
FORT DODGE — Coming down the final straightaway hill toward the finish line, Northeast’s Eli Kaczinski felt a little help on his final push for a top-10 finish Saturday at the Iowa Class 2A boys cross country state meet.
“Right there in that moment I was kind of thinking about who I’m running for; I’m running for Jesus, and I think that’s what helped me,” he said. “I knew how bad I wanted it, too, and I think he just carried me through the last part of it.”
- Spartans, Bulldogs rule pool CLINTON -- Forty qualifiers will represent the Clinton High regional swim meet next week at Washington High School for the Iowa Girls State competition. As for the hosting River Queens, not one. Pleasant Valley won Saturday's meet with 18 qualifiers,
- Battle for top 10 FORT DODGE -- Coming down the final straightaway hill toward the finish line, Northeast's Eli Kaczinski felt a little help on his final push for a top-10 finish Saturday at the Iowa Class 2A boys cross country state meet. "Right there in that moment
- Kokjohn, Kaster satisfied with state FORT DODGE -- Jackie Kokjohn is quite familiar with the 4,000-meter girls cross country course at Kennedy Park. Kim Kaster wanted to use Saturday's state meet as a way to get to know it. Kaster turned in a time Kokjohn was hoping for, but both were s
Regional volleyball: Marquette, Cal-Wheat ousted
Marquette Catholic's volleyball season came to a close Friday with a 25-10, 14-25, 25-21, 25-14 loss to 11th-ranked Springville in Class 1A regional semifinal at Midland High School.
Cross country: Rebels aim high today at state
Pat Healy admits there were some doubts about his Northeast High School girls cross country team at parts of this season.
Playoff football: Panthers grind out historic win
For three and a half quarters, River Valley succeeded where others failed during the 2013 season. The Falcons kept Erie/Prophetstown running back Nick Williams out of the end zone. The result of this triumph was a 30-28 deficit in the fourth quarter. Jordan Chandler's 25-yard touchdown run made it 36-28, but it didn't pull the Panthers out of the woods.
River Kings senior reflects on final season
CEDAR RAPIDS -- It wasn't the senior season DJ Bessellieu was expecting. But, despite the disappointment he endured after suffering a season-ending knee injury in the first game of the year he was so happy for his teammates. "It was definitely tough
- More High School Sports Headlines
- Playoff football: Nissen dissects EV