- High School Sports
Sabers to state
CEDAR RAPIDS -- As the Central DeWitt Sabers walked around the court after their 58-47 substate final win over Benton Community, they realized one thing: The path to the state tournament is not easy.
- Easton Valley to play at 10:30 BOONE -- The Class 1A field for the Iowa boys basketball state tournament was completed Monday night as three games that were postponed Saturday were played. Now that the field is complete, Easton Valley knows when it will play its opener next week a
- DeWitt in the substate final CEDAR RAPIDS -- One area team has punched its ticket to the State Basketball Tournament next week, and DeWitt could become the second on Monday. DeWitt Central will face Benton Community at Cedar Rapids Kennedy (7 p.m. tip-off), and the winner will
- St. Thomas More too big, too strong, too fast NORMAL, Ill. -- Sometimes things are not as advertised. Sometimes they don't live up to the hype, or even meet expectations. And sometimes they leave you in astonishment, left with your mouth wide open. Unfortunately for the Prophetstown Lady Prophe
- Easton Valley state bound By Jon Gremmels Herald Sports Editor Easton Valley state bound
- ILLINOIS BOYS BASKETBALL Fulton runs out of steam MORRISON, Ill. — On Friday night, Fulton simply ran into a team that was better on that night. The Steamers (21-9) ended their season in a 67-54 loss against Sterling Newman in the Class 2A Morrison Regional final. There were chances for the Steamers
- ILLINOIS GIRLS BASKETBALL Prophets to play for title NORMAL, Ill. — Once the Prophetstown Prophets took the lead in the first quarter, there was no looking back. The Prophets are just one win away from winning the Class 2A state championship after defeating Elmhurst IC Catholic 57-48 at the Illinois gi
Hawks dig deep
When Logan Wilhelm picked up his fourth foul with 2 minutes, 8 seconds left in the third quarter, the spirits of the Springville fans rose. They thought their team had Easton Valley in trouble.
- Prophets seek spot in final NORMAL, Ill. -- It took 37 years, but Don Robinson finally has made it to the big dance in girls basketball. One of the most successful coaches of any sport in the area, Robinson has guided the Prophetstown program to a 673-318 record. Included have
- Sabers 1 step from state CLINTON -- All the DeWitt Sabers wanted to talk about after their 56-43 win over Maquoketa on Thursday was defense, and rightfully so. It was a close game for three-plus quarters as each team seemed to trade baskets or make a stop in succession. Th
- More High School Sports Headlines
- Sabers to state