- Illinois woman, 47, dies rescuing boy in Wisc. lake ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Ill. (AP) — Friends and family are mourning the death of an Illinois woman who drowned while rescuing a 9-year-old boy in a Wisconsin lake.The (Arlington Heights) Daily Herald reports 47-year-old Karen Wessel of Arlington Heights d
- Trestman ready for round 2 BOURBONNAIS, Ill. — This time last year, Chicago Bears coach Marc Trestman was still something of a curiosity.He was a guy leading an NFL team for the first time as training camp started, plucked from Canada after spending several years out of the le
- Sox jump on Minnesota MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — An impressive start from Hector Noesi was just a couple of pitches away from being something really special.Noesi allowed three hits over 7 2-3 innings, and Adam Eaton had three hits and two RBIs to lead the Chicago White Sox to a
- Bears bring high hopes to '14 camp BOURBONNAIS, Ill. (AP) — Chicago Bears general manager Phil Emery understands expectations are soaring. He’s not backing away from them, either.The Bears are aiming high, hoping to return to the NFL playoffs after missing out for the sixth time in se
State lawmaker: Concealed carry law 'complicated'
A state senator said the law he helped push through that allows Illinois residents to carry concealed weapons is too tough on gun owners from other states.
Illinois patients to docs: 'What about marijuana?'
Illinois doctors, nursing homes, hospitals and hospice organizations are ramping up for their role as gatekeepers in the state's new medical marijuana program.
Durbin to Putin: Take responsibility for crash
U.S. Sen. Dick Durbin has called on Russian President Vladimir Putin to accept responsibility for downing Malaysian Airlines jetliner over eastern Ukraine.
Rule changes coming in 2014-15 deer hunting season
The Illinois Department of Natural Resources is announcing a number of changes for the upcoming deer hunting season.
- Rizzo homers twice CHICAGO — If it was a sneak preview of the future at Wrigley Field on Tuesday night, then Chicago Cubs fans can’t wait for the sequel.Twenty-four-year-old Anthony Rizzo hit two home runs and 24-year-old Kyle Hendricks pitched seven innings for his fi
Illinois insurance subsidies in place for now
Officials say Illinois health insurance customers shouldn't feel any immediate effect of a federal appeals court panel's ruling as a confusing legal battle continues over President Barack Obama's health care overhaul.
- More Illinois Headlines