Design expert Nate Berkus shares his high-impact, low-cost ideas for getting the most from your home in this Sunday’s PARADE. His No. 1 tip for improving home decor? “Clean your house, people. It costs nothing!” he says.
Biggest Design Mistake
“I see it every day: People trying to create a home that somebody else tells them they should have. I don’t care if it’s a magazine, a neighbor, or a bossy friend— when somebody says, ‘This is what’s elegant, this is what’s trendy,’ if it doesn’t represent you, you’re not going to be happy.”
Train, entertain your pets with these 3 smartphone apps
While they may not have thumbs to use the phone, pets can benefit from smartphone apps designed specifically for them.
- Alternatives available for addicts DEAR ANNIE: I enjoy reading your column and agree with most of your advice, including your recommendations when it comes to handling alcohol addictions and binge drinking. I do not work in this field, but I've seen alternatives to AA that may be more
- Peace Soup completes 7th year CLINTON -- Peace Soup concluded its seventh year this week. Peace Soup was held for five Tuesdays during the Lenten season. The series for 2014, "Interfaith Connections to Peace," featured the topic of Christianity. Elizabeth Liggett, pastor at St.
- Raising awareness of milkweed MAQUOKETA -- The Hurstville Interpretive Center will attempt to raise public awareness about milkweed plants. The center is holding a plant sale for area residents to try to include more milkweed plants in the region for monarch butterflies. The sale
- Women's club extends sale CLINTON -- The Clinton Women's Club has extended the deadline for the group's annual silent auction. The deadline for bids is through Saturday for the purse and bag silent auction at the George Curtis Mansion, 420 Fifth Ave. South. During this past w
- Churches band together CLINTON -- Downtown churches will participate in the annual Way of the Cross next week. The 17th annual event will be held April 18 in downtown Clinton, signifying Good Friday. The community is invited to join in this event. Individuals may participa
- RV to take university 'mobile museum' on road IOWA CITY (AP) -- A 38-foot-long recreational vehicle sponsored by the University of Iowa will soon travel Iowa promoting the state's rich history. The Mobile Museum is expected to make its inaugural appearance in Fort Dodge this weekend, and stops i
- Woman's event at dealership CLINTON -- Clinton's Harley Davidson motorcycle facility will host a women's event this month. The Ladies Only Garage Party will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday, April 26, at Clinton Harley-Davidson, 2519 Lincoln Way. The Garage Party is a way for
- Community taking a dive for young cancer patient KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Being told to "go jump in a lake" is usually a snarky kiss-off. But it's become a heartwarming call-to-action for a Missouri community whose effort to help the family of a 5-month-old boy with cancer has inspired thousands across
- Funding education CLINTON -- Residents are invited to test their luck and knowledge later this month at a fundraiser for Prince of Peace Schools. For more than 10 years, the Pot O' Blue and Gold Raffle has been one of the major fundraisers for the district. With Princ
- More Lifestyles Headlines
- Train, entertain your pets with these 3 smartphone apps