The 35-member cast and crew have worked on the two-hour play since February.
The play is appropriate for all ages since it is a fairy tale but students age 10 and older will grasp the storyline better than younger children may.
• “Planting Seeds,” will be the Fun Time Friday program at 10 a.m. Friday at the Felix Adler Children’s Discovery Center. Chuck Wilmont will teach attendees about the stages of how seeds sprout and grow, tell a story and showcase fingerplays.
Children will plant their own seeds to take home.
• Clinton Community College and RSVP will offer “Encore Presents a senior spring tune up,” from 8:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. Friday at CCC’s technology center, 1951 Manufacturing Drive.
This is an opportunity for retirees to come together for a day of entertainment. Several speakers will present, along with musical guest Ethel. This group is a string quartet.
This event is free.
• The ninth annual luau will be held from 6 to 11 p.m. Friday at the Tuscany Special Events Center at Rastrelli’s.
Doors open at 6 p.m. with hors d’oeuvers and cocktails available at 6:30 p.m. Coupe De Ville will perform from 8 to 11 p.m.
Tickets are $35 each or two for $60. For more information, log on to www.redcross.org/gatewayareachapter or call 242-5223.
• The Clinton Area Chamber of Commerce will host a legislative coffee at 9 a.m. Saturday at the chamber, 721 S. Second St.
The gathering offers residents a hear reports from local legislators. The event is free and open to the public.
• A get gardening class will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the Bickelhaupt Arboretum, 340 S. 14th St.
Director of Programs Margo Hansen will provide tips on starting seeds indoors, raised bed gardening, square foot gardening and organic practices.
• Former WWE wrestler Gangrel will be available for a meet and greet Saturday at Graffiti Bar and Grill in Clinton. Doors open at 7:30 p.m. and the event, which includes a concert, will last until midnight.
• Gateway Contemporary Ballet will present “From Bach to Rock” at 2 p.m. Sunday at the Masonic Center. Tickets are available at Carousel School of Dance/Flowers on 5th.
Tickets are $9 for adults and $6 for senior citizens and students.