The Clinton Herald
---- — CLINTON — Nominations for this year’s Women of Achievement awards are now being accepted.
The 41st annual edition of the awards honor women and businesses in the community. The deadline for nominations is Feb. 21. Forms can be accessed online at www.ywcaclinton.org and at the YWCA’s front desk.
Nominations are being accepted in the following categories:
• Young Woman of Achievement — This high school senior is recognized for her leadership qualities in school, extracurricular activities, church and/or outside organizations.
• Civic/Community Woman of Achievement — Having a history of volunteer service to her community, this nominee serves as a leader in these organizations.
• Professional Woman of Achievement — A role model for women in the workplace, this nominee stands out in her contributions to her profession.
• County Woman of Achievement — Meeting the criteria of the Civic/Community or Professional category, this nominee lives, works, and/or volunteers in rural Clinton county or in bordering counties.
• Religious Woman of Achievement — As one who stands out in her faith community, this nominee is an extraordinary leader and/or volunteer.
• Business Leader — This employer promotes an environment which enables women to be successful in the workplace and community.
• Unsung Hero/YWCA Honoree — Having a direct association with the YWCA, this individual exemplifies the YWCA mission; the YWCA Clinton is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
Those selected as this year’s honorees will be recognized at an awards dinner held at the Tuscany Special Events Center at Rastrelli’s on April 3. Reservations can be made at the YWCA.
For more information, contact Sarah Hood at 242-2110, ext. 103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To view a list of past Woman of Achievement honorees, visit Ywcaclinton.org.