The candidates for Lil’ Miss Clinton County and Clinton County Fair Queen are as follows:
• Sarah Flathers — She is the 18-year-old daughter of Kurt and Colleen Flathers of Clinton. She was active in cheerleading, band, choir, and was also a student ambassador. In addition to school activities, she is active in her community.
She is a member of the Minnehaha 4-H Club and president of the County Council. She is also involved in her church's youth group and vacation bible school, and enjoys dancing and working with small children.
She plans to attend the University of Iowa and major in pharmacy and eventually own her own pharmacy.
• Taylor Griem — Griem, from Delmar, is the 18-year-old daughter of Jamie and Jennifer Griem.
She was active in volleyball and track in high school, and participated in the service learning program her senior year where she assisted the office staff in the high school with their daily activities.
As a seven-year member of the DeWitt Hustlers 4-H Club, she has served as the treasurer and secretary of the club. She also was an active member in the DeWitt Central FFA chapter where she participated in many volunteer activities in the community.
This fall, she will attend Mount Mercy University where she will major in nursing and plans on specializing in obstetrical or pediatric nursing.
• Jenna McConohy — She is the 18-year-old daughter of Mike and Joanne McConohy of DeWitt.
She is an active member of the DeWitt Central FFA chapter where her team received a gold award for their Experience the Action performance. She is also a member of the DeWitt Hustlers 4-H Club. During the school year, she participated in the school musical as part of the ensemble and also held a lead role in the school play.
In her free time, she enjoys showing cattle, having movie nights with friends, riding four wheelers, and going on road trips.
Her future plans include majoring in Agricultural Business at Kirkwood Community College and then transferring to Iowa State, and holding a job in sales.
• Erin Weirup — She is the 18-year-old daughter of Rick and Julie Weirup of Delmar.
She is a member of the DeWitt Central FFA chapter, for which she was an officer for two years and went on to serve as a Southeast District officer. She was also involved in FCCLA, FCA, National Honor Society Art Club, chorus, and drama.
Weirup also participated in softball, volleyball, track and field, and was a member of the dance team.
In the community, she is active at her church where she teaches religious education classes and is a member of the church choir. Active in a Maquoketa 4-H club, Erin has served as the president and is also a member of the county council.
In the future, she will attend Mount Mercy University in the fall where she will major in design with a focus on art history, in order to fulfill her goal of one day working as a curator in an art museum
Lil’ Miss Clinton County
• Brooke Bloom — She is the 7-year-old daughter of Mike and Stacy Bloom of DeWitt.
She is involved in soccer, dance, T-ball, baton, and tumbling. Her hobbies include playing with her brother and sister, riding horses, and helping the poor.
When she grows up, she would like to become a teacher. Although she doesn’t have a favorite part of the fair, she does enjoy the carnival rides and riding the sheep.
• Megan Clark — She is the 8-year-old daughter of Bill and Ange Clark of Grand Mound. She enjoys swimming, bowling, tumbling and reading. She is a member of the Clover Kids and plays soccer and softball. Her favorite thing in the world are Pomeranian dogs. When she grows up, she would like to be a librarian.
• Alexis Endreshak — She is the 3-year-old daughter of Heather and Mike Endreshak of Clinton. She enjoys doing arts and crafts, swimming, and catching butterflies and fireflies. She has a lot of fun attending the summer reading program at the Clinton library and playing at the Children’s Discovery Center. She has also begun classes at the Carousel School of Dance. Her favorite part of the fair is riding the rides and going to the petting zoo because she is interested in animals. Her favorite things are butterflies and ladybugs.
• Fayeth Henningsen — She is the 7-year-old daughter of Terry and Jennifer Henningsen of DeWitt. She enjoys making crafts, and drawing, coloring, playing soccer, swimming, and showing pigs. Her favorite thing is ice cream. When she grows up she would like to be an artist because she wants to teach kids how to create. At the fair, she enjoys riding rides, helping her brother with his animals, participating in the pedal pull and the flower pot contest.
• Keeley Jansen — She is the 8-year-old daughter of Jane and Kevin Jansen of DeWitt. Her hobbies include reading, drawing and playing with her kittens. She is involved in softball, basketball, and dances at Rhythm Avenue. Her favorite things about the fair include riding the rides and looking at the animals. When she grows up she wants to be a fashion designer because she likes to put outfits together.
• Lauryn Lehmkuhl — She is the 4-year-old daughter of Chad and Mindy Lehmkuhl of Clinton. She enjoys playing dress-up in clothes and drawing. At the fair she enjoys playing games. Her favorite thing is singing and dressing up “because it is beautiful.” When she grows up, she want to be many things, including a McDonalds cooker, jeweler, zookeeper, Power Ranger, babysitter and she wants to have a lot of money and a computer.
• Lyssa Lehmkuhl — She is the 8-year-old daughter of Chad and Mindy Lehmkuhl of Clinton. She likes to play volleyball and is interested by gymnastics. She is actively involved in Girl Scouts, gymnastics, softball and soccer. Her favorite part of the fair is being able to see the animals. Her favorite thing is putting on fashion shows with her little sister. When she grows up, she would like to be a teacher.
• Lily McMahon — Lily McMahon is the 3-year-old daughter of Mike McMahon and Jamie Fick. Her interests include swimming, animals, coloring and cheerleading. She is active in dance, gymnastics and soccer. Her favorite part of the fair is the rides. Her favorite thing in the world is her dog Rosie because she is cute and she plays. When she grows up she would like to be a police man because she wants to help people. She wants to be chosen as the Lil’ Miss because she wants to dress fancy and see all of the animals and smile at the people.
• Malana Mohr — She is the 7-year-old daughter of Troy and Jenny Mohr of Wheatland. She stays busy by reading, singing, dancing and playing with Barbies. She is involved in Girl Scouts, tap, tumbling, and is looking forward to taking baton and poms in the fall. Her favorite part of the fair is watching her cousins show their cows, riding the rides, and going to the petting zoo. Her favorite thing in the world is her birthday because she gets to open presents and spend time with her family. When she grows up she would like to be a dance teacher because she gets to help people and also a hair dresser so she can make people look pretty.
• Gabriella Stankee — She is the 7-year-old daughter of Paul and Christy Stankee of Wheatland. She enjoys needle crafts, singing, dancing, reading, helping others with reading, and rescuing animals from drains. She is involved in Girl Scouts and Royal Rangers. Her favorite part of the fair are the animals because there are so many, but her favorite are horses. She also likes the food and the crafts. When she grows up she would like to be a volunteer firefighter and a teacher so she can help people.
• Brianna Winter — #She is the 7-year-old daughter of Travis and Christy Winter of Clinton. She enjoys reading, dancing, singing, playing with her dogs, and earning badges for Girl Scouts. She enjoys playing soccer and would like to do gymnastics because she wants to learn how to do cartwheels. Her favorite thing in the world is playing with her dog Sophie. When she grows up, she would like to have a job like her mom so she can help people with disabilities.