Community garden plots available
The Clinton Recreation Department is taking reservations for plots in the community garden for the 2014 season.
- Event to promote geocaching THOMSON, Ill. -- A geocaching event in March will attempt to cure cabin fever. The Curing Cabin Fever V geocaching event will be held March 22 in Thomson. A meet and greet will be held at Heirloom Market and Cafe in Thomson from 10 a.m. to noon March
- Farm Bureau gives much back to individual communites CLINTON -- Area officials are hoping an increased interest with young famers will assist in the future of farming. According to the United States Department of Agriculture most recent preliminary census results, in 2012 there were 2.1 million farms i
- A link between two cities CLINTON -- An official police patch from the Stuttgart, Germany police department will be displayed in the Clinton Police Department. Mike Kearney presented the unique patch to Police Chief Brian Guy on Monday, a gift from Ruediger Hanss, of Germany
Wagner Pharmacy adapts to new technology
Looking ahead to the future, Wagner Pharmacy has taken on an unorthodox method to distributing pharmaceuticals, the first of its kind in the state of Iowa, and one of few in the country.
- Clinton student earns honor CLINTON -- For 16-year-old Cyrus Colah, music is a family tradition. Both Cyrus' mother and grandmother taught lessons on piano. At age 5, he began piano lessons with a teacher, not his mother. Now the Clinton High senior has been named the Clinton S
Discovery Center alters weather policy
Officials at the Felix Adler Children’s Discovery Center on Thursday reviewed its policy regarding operational hours during inclement winter weather.
- Snow can deter public safety efforts CLINTON -- Snow removal has seemed like a never-ending story this year for area residents, but in some cases, not removing could be a lingering matter on public safety. Most cities have ordinances in place requiring residents to remove snow and ice f
- Emergency leads to a change of heart Today is the fourth in a series of articles, published each Thursday, focusing on February's American Heart Month. MORRISON, Ill. -- It was a quiet Thursday night, about an hour after having dinner at a nearby restaurant, that Randy Betts began to no
5 things to know about the Powerball jackpot
Wednesday's Powerball drawing carries an estimated $400 million jackpot. If no one matches all the numbers, the prize potential will grow before the next drawing on Saturday. Here are five things you should know about Powerball payouts and your odds of winning.
- More Lifestyles Headlines
- Community garden plots available