3 apps to make your flight easier
Whether you fly once a week for work or once a year for a vacation, you can bet that all areas of your trip are being monitored by smart phones. While it isn't hard to find an app with your flight info, some apps make the process of flying a lot simpler.
- Making wishes come true CLINTON -- Granting the wishes of children fighting life-threatening medical conditions is something of a saintly nature, but for the volunteers with the Make-A-Wish foundation, it is a passion that knows no limits. For 23 years the Clinton County ch
- Uncovering the Garden Kingdom The third UNESCO World Heritage Site that I visited in September was the Garden Kingdom of Dessau-Wörlitz. When a Clintonian thinks of a Garden Kingdom, the thought of the Bickelhaupt Arboretum comes to mind. Wörlitz is different in several ways. It
Spring Fling has arrived
The Fulton Spring Fling has arrived and everyone is invited.
The second installment of the Robert Fulton Community Center community activities is from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, April 12, and will feature a variety of entertainment for people of all ages.
Guests can explore the multitude of vendors offering handmade items ranging from artwork and jewelry to quilts and dog clothes. If brand name items suit the style more, products including Mary Kay, Scentsy and Pampered Chef also will be featured at the event.
- Purses, bags fill mansion CLINTON -- The Clinton Women's Club will have its bi-annual purse and bag silent auction this weekend. The auction will be held Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the George Curtis Mansion. Attendees may view items from noon to 2 p.m. Friday, from 10 a.
- Clinton doctor speaks on Muslim religion CLINTON -- To an audience of more than 100 people, Dr. Mona Alquali asked "What do you think when you hear the word Islam?" While flashing slides of the Boston Bomber, Osama Bin Laden and the Muslim Brotherhood, she said, "If you don't think of them
- Fundraiser surpasses last year's total CAMANCHE — Volunteers raised $32,000 last weekend for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. Camanche MDA fundraiser organizer Cheryl Paasch said the event beat its total from last year by almost $3,000. In the 25 years the event has been held, it has r
Hate With Friends, the fun new Facebook tool
Hating movies, earworms, conventions of grammar, clothing brands, diet fads - you get the twinkle of pleasure without the glob of guilt, or the cold brush of fear. A Coldplay song doesn't know you hate it.
Dog escapes Texas backyard, somehow gets to Ohio
A small dog that escaped its fenced-in yard in Texas was found outside a southwest Ohio animal shelter, and its owners have no idea how he traveled more than 1,000 miles in a few days.
The 3-year-old Chihuahua-Dachshund mix named Corbin dug a hole under a fence in his backyard in Killeen, Texas, on March 25. He was found Saturday tied to a bench outside the animal shelter in Hamilton, about 30 miles north of Cincinnati.
- Tribute band to perform MAQUOKETA -- The Ohnward Fine Arts Center will host a concert in April. 25 or 6 to 4 - The Chicago Experience will perform at 7 p.m. Saturday, April 19, at Ohnward in Maquoketa. The band is a tribute band to Chicago, which performed, among several na
- More Lifestyles Headlines
- 3 apps to make your flight easier