- Loud cellphone talkers next bane of air travelers? The Associated Press NEW YORK -- Airline passengers have already been stripped of their legroom, hot meals and personal space. Now, they might also lose their silence. The Federal Communications Commission is considering lifting its longtime prohibi
Put down that cigarette: Great American Smoke Out is tomorrow
People throughout the country will refrain from smoking for at least the day Thursday. The American Cancer Society’s Great American Smokeout encourages smokers to make a plant to quit, either Thursday or soon.
- Turn to bourbon for easy, warming holiday cocktail My definition of the ideal summer cocktail? Easy to make, refreshing to drink. Come the winter holidays, I make only one change: Easy to make, comforting to drink. Because while I'm looking for bright and fruity in the heat of summer, at Thanksgiving
- Crisp, sweet cookies that are just a bit healthy I was a happy little butterball when I was a kid. Sweets were my thing, desserts in particular. And chocolate desserts most of all. The one exception to the rule? My grandmother's oatmeal cookies. They were sweet, of course, but also lacy and crispy.
- Hospitalists are topic of Mercy meeting
VIDEO: Parents convince kids toy dinosaurs come to life for 'Dinovember'
Parents Refe and Susan Tuma turn November into 'Dinovember' and convince their children that their plastic dinosaurs come to life while they are asleep.
Thanksgiving design: A room that dresses for dinner
If you're hosting a Thanksgiving gathering for the extended family, you'll want to set a table that's refined and elegant but not too fussy.
- Buyers claim dolls at auction Last week the auction crew gathered to set up a large assortment of collectibles plus a collection of more than 100 dolls and related items. The auction started promptly at 10 a.m. Several sets of children's tea sets and dishes were sold in the $5 to
- Healthy option for leftover turkey It's that time of the year again. It's turkey time. Follow the simple turkey roasting tips below, and you and your guests will be pleasantly pleased with a delicious and juicy golden brown turkey this Thanksgiving. Whether you're a veteran turkey roa
- Late-payment rate on mortgages down in 3Q LOS ANGELES -- Fewer U.S. homeowners are falling behind on their mortgage payments, aided by rising home values, low interest rates and stable job gains. The trend brought down the national late-payment rate on home loans in the third quarter to a fi
- More Lifestyles Headlines