- RV to take university 'mobile museum' on road IOWA CITY (AP) -- A 38-foot-long recreational vehicle sponsored by the University of Iowa will soon travel Iowa promoting the state's rich history. The Mobile Museum is expected to make its inaugural appearance in Fort Dodge this weekend, and stops i
- Woman's event at dealership CLINTON -- Clinton's Harley Davidson motorcycle facility will host a women's event this month. The Ladies Only Garage Party will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday, April 26, at Clinton Harley-Davidson, 2519 Lincoln Way. The Garage Party is a way for
- Community taking a dive for young cancer patient KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Being told to "go jump in a lake" is usually a snarky kiss-off. But it's become a heartwarming call-to-action for a Missouri community whose effort to help the family of a 5-month-old boy with cancer has inspired thousands across
- Funding education CLINTON -- Residents are invited to test their luck and knowledge later this month at a fundraiser for Prince of Peace Schools. For more than 10 years, the Pot O' Blue and Gold Raffle has been one of the major fundraisers for the district. With Princ
3 apps to make your flight easier
Whether you fly once a week for work or once a year for a vacation, you can bet that all areas of your trip are being monitored by smart phones. While it isn't hard to find an app with your flight info, some apps make the process of flying a lot simpler.
- Making wishes come true CLINTON -- Granting the wishes of children fighting life-threatening medical conditions is something of a saintly nature, but for the volunteers with the Make-A-Wish foundation, it is a passion that knows no limits. For 23 years the Clinton County ch
- Uncovering the Garden Kingdom The third UNESCO World Heritage Site that I visited in September was the Garden Kingdom of Dessau-Wörlitz. When a Clintonian thinks of a Garden Kingdom, the thought of the Bickelhaupt Arboretum comes to mind. Wörlitz is different in several ways. It
Spring Fling has arrived
The Fulton Spring Fling has arrived and everyone is invited.
The second installment of the Robert Fulton Community Center community activities is from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, April 12, and will feature a variety of entertainment for people of all ages.
Guests can explore the multitude of vendors offering handmade items ranging from artwork and jewelry to quilts and dog clothes. If brand name items suit the style more, products including Mary Kay, Scentsy and Pampered Chef also will be featured at the event.
- Purses, bags fill mansion CLINTON -- The Clinton Women's Club will have its bi-annual purse and bag silent auction this weekend. The auction will be held Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the George Curtis Mansion. Attendees may view items from noon to 2 p.m. Friday, from 10 a.
- Clinton doctor speaks on Muslim religion CLINTON -- To an audience of more than 100 people, Dr. Mona Alquali asked "What do you think when you hear the word Islam?" While flashing slides of the Boston Bomber, Osama Bin Laden and the Muslim Brotherhood, she said, "If you don't think of them
- More Lifestyles Headlines