Thanksgiving design: A room that dresses for dinner
If you're hosting a Thanksgiving gathering for the extended family, you'll want to set a table that's refined and elegant but not too fussy.
- Buyers claim dolls at auction Last week the auction crew gathered to set up a large assortment of collectibles plus a collection of more than 100 dolls and related items. The auction started promptly at 10 a.m. Several sets of children's tea sets and dishes were sold in the $5 to
- Healthy option for leftover turkey It's that time of the year again. It's turkey time. Follow the simple turkey roasting tips below, and you and your guests will be pleasantly pleased with a delicious and juicy golden brown turkey this Thanksgiving. Whether you're a veteran turkey roa
- Late-payment rate on mortgages down in 3Q LOS ANGELES -- Fewer U.S. homeowners are falling behind on their mortgage payments, aided by rising home values, low interest rates and stable job gains. The trend brought down the national late-payment rate on home loans in the third quarter to a fi
- All day shopping frenzy on Thanksgiving? NEW YORK -- Last Thanksgiving Day, Kimberly Mudge Via's mother, sister and nieces left in the middle of their meals to head for the mall. Now, Via says she'll never host Thanksgiving dinner for her relatives again. "They barely finished," says the 28
- A Proper Burial CLINTON -- Smoke and flames rose into the twilight sky Monday, as more than 1,500 U.S. flags were retired and ceremonially burned. The Clinton AMVETS Post 28 have burned retired flags for many years. Gary Buikema, from the AMVETS, said it is a milit
You're doing it wrong: French onion soup
French onion soup is the perfect thing to eat after spending a long day enjoying the great outdoors (especially when it's chilly outside) and it should satisfy refined palates.
River Arts Center to host calligraphy class
CLINTON -- The River Arts Center will host a basic and continuing class in calligraphy with Amy Nielsen of Cordova, Ill., in November. The class will meet from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 20, at the River Arts Center, 229 Fifth Ave. South. The
- A 'little' literary movement CLINTON — Clinton residents who have devoured books for years are using their collections of books to build the community and connect Clinton to a worldwide movement of reading enthusiasts. Outside Ines and Pedro Becerra's home at 1120 Sweet Briar La
- Swap in some ingredients for holiday menu makeovers Appetizers and salads are a great way to curb overeating. Guests who nibble on fresh, light fare are less likely to stuff themselves with fat and calorie-laden dishes at mealtime. This recipe for Butternut Squash Whole Grain Crostini offers a full sp
- More Lifestyles Headlines
- Thanksgiving design: A room that dresses for dinner