- Healthy option for leftover turkey It's that time of the year again. It's turkey time. Follow the simple turkey roasting tips below, and you and your guests will be pleasantly pleased with a delicious and juicy golden brown turkey this Thanksgiving. Whether you're a veteran turkey roa
- Late-payment rate on mortgages down in 3Q LOS ANGELES -- Fewer U.S. homeowners are falling behind on their mortgage payments, aided by rising home values, low interest rates and stable job gains. The trend brought down the national late-payment rate on home loans in the third quarter to a fi
- All day shopping frenzy on Thanksgiving? NEW YORK -- Last Thanksgiving Day, Kimberly Mudge Via's mother, sister and nieces left in the middle of their meals to head for the mall. Now, Via says she'll never host Thanksgiving dinner for her relatives again. "They barely finished," says the 28
- A Proper Burial CLINTON -- Smoke and flames rose into the twilight sky Monday, as more than 1,500 U.S. flags were retired and ceremonially burned. The Clinton AMVETS Post 28 have burned retired flags for many years. Gary Buikema, from the AMVETS, said it is a milit
You're doing it wrong: French onion soup
French onion soup is the perfect thing to eat after spending a long day enjoying the great outdoors (especially when it's chilly outside) and it should satisfy refined palates.
River Arts Center to host calligraphy class
CLINTON -- The River Arts Center will host a basic and continuing class in calligraphy with Amy Nielsen of Cordova, Ill., in November. The class will meet from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 20, at the River Arts Center, 229 Fifth Ave. South. The
- A 'little' literary movement CLINTON — Clinton residents who have devoured books for years are using their collections of books to build the community and connect Clinton to a worldwide movement of reading enthusiasts. Outside Ines and Pedro Becerra's home at 1120 Sweet Briar La
- Swap in some ingredients for holiday menu makeovers Appetizers and salads are a great way to curb overeating. Guests who nibble on fresh, light fare are less likely to stuff themselves with fat and calorie-laden dishes at mealtime. This recipe for Butternut Squash Whole Grain Crostini offers a full sp
- Do-ahead potatoes save time, sanity One of the most stressful parts of hosting a large dinner party is figuring out how to time everything so all the food arrives at the table piping hot and at its prime. This is especially true of Thanksgiving -- the dinner party to end all dinner par
VIDEO: Handy gadgets to help your sick child
Having a sick child is the worst. All you want to do is make them feel better, and a lot of times it feels like there is very little you can do. Now there are some handy gadgets to help you make your little one feel better sooner without stressing yourself out.
- More Lifestyles Headlines