Coats for Kids drive under way
The Clinton Recreation Department will be hosting a “Coats For Kids” drive.
Fratianni, Nester win bridge
CLINTON -- Joe Fratianni and Frank Nester were top Clinton duplicate bridge winners recently at Bickford Cottage. Merry Iverson and Mary Duhr placed second; Sandy and Tom Tegeler were third; Evelyn Mohr and Pat Ohsann, f
- At these cafes, death is on the agenda NEW YORK -- It can be tough to get a conversation going if you want to talk about the late stages of dementia, your last will and testament or the recent passing of your mother. "When you're at a cocktail party and you lead off by saying, 'What do yo
- For jobless over 50, there's a challenging search for work ROCKFORD, Ill. -- When Charlie Worboys lost his job, he feared searching for a new one at his age might be tough. Six years later, at 65, he's still looking. Luanne Lynch, 57, was laid off three times in the past decade and previous layoffs brought j
- New pricing for party rooms CLINTON — Party rooms at the Felix Adler Children's Discovery Center will now have new pricing options. Adults are admitted free when attending parties at the Discovery Center. Executive Director Sarah Lind said this request came from guests. “We mad
'Star Wars' gets Navajo translation
Luke, Leia, Han Solo and even some of the droids now speak Navajo. The translated film is on a tour of free screenings through Nov. 9.
Love without an algorithm? One matchmaker proven wrong
When Aaron Schildkrout co-founded HowAboutWe.com, he envisioned it to be something very different than the other online dating sites. But since its founding in 2009, HowAboutWe has evolved to depend more on formulas, not less.
This week, raise a glass to local wine, wherever 'local' is for you
This is Regional Wine Week, the sixth annual celebration of the growth of the U.S. wine industry beyond the West Coast.
- Coins disperse at armory auction Morgan common silver dollars were selling for $40 each during the coin auction held Oct. 5 at the National Guard Armory in Clinton. It was a great auction and the disbursal of a very fine collection. Statehood quarters sold for $47.50. A set of War
- Sienna Sienna is a 1- to 2-year-old female Shih-Tzu mix. She has been at the Clinton Humane Society since the end of September. She is an outgoing girl who loves to play fetch. She has a little bit of an issue with giving it back after she fetches, but with
- More Lifestyles Headlines
- Coats for Kids drive under way