- Sign language interpreter's moves a hit in concert ASSOCIATED PRESS PORTLAND, Maine -- Holly Maniatty creates music -- for the deaf. Teaming American Sign Language with dance moves and body language, she brings musical performances alive for those who can't hear. Her clients are a who's who of rock,
- Exhibit to feature posters CLINTON -- The exhibit at Ashford University's art gallery will feature almost 400 hand-painted posters created by artist Amos Kennedy Jr. "Visual Noise: The Poster as a Disturbing Element in Society," will be on display through Jan. 22 at Ashford Un
- Gifts for movie lovers: Collectible DVD box sets LOS ANGELES — In a world of on-demand video and movies shrunken to the size of smartphone screens, home-entertainment releases need something special to stand out. The following box sets offer more than movies for every cinephile on your holiday list
Pet of the Week — Kaboodle
Kaboodle is a 2 to 3-year-old, neutered male. He came to the Clinton Humane Society in September due to a local hoarding case. Kaboodle is a sweet tempered little man. Due to the donations the Clinton Humane Society received, Kaboodle was able to rec
- Loud cellphone talkers next bane of air travelers? The Associated Press NEW YORK -- Airline passengers have already been stripped of their legroom, hot meals and personal space. Now, they might also lose their silence. The Federal Communications Commission is considering lifting its longtime prohibi
Put down that cigarette: Great American Smoke Out is tomorrow
People throughout the country will refrain from smoking for at least the day Thursday. The American Cancer Society’s Great American Smokeout encourages smokers to make a plant to quit, either Thursday or soon.
- Turn to bourbon for easy, warming holiday cocktail My definition of the ideal summer cocktail? Easy to make, refreshing to drink. Come the winter holidays, I make only one change: Easy to make, comforting to drink. Because while I'm looking for bright and fruity in the heat of summer, at Thanksgiving
- Crisp, sweet cookies that are just a bit healthy I was a happy little butterball when I was a kid. Sweets were my thing, desserts in particular. And chocolate desserts most of all. The one exception to the rule? My grandmother's oatmeal cookies. They were sweet, of course, but also lacy and crispy.
- Hospitalists are topic of Mercy meeting
VIDEO: Parents convince kids toy dinosaurs come to life for 'Dinovember'
Parents Refe and Susan Tuma turn November into 'Dinovember' and convince their children that their plastic dinosaurs come to life while they are asleep.
- More Lifestyles Headlines