Vapefest: Where e-cigarette camaraderie is in the air — along with haze
The smell here at the Dulles Hyatt on Friday afternoon, where roughly 1,000 people were expected to gather over two days, is sweet and pungent. The vapers at Vapefest look as if they're taking a smoke break — sorry, vape break — from a sci-fi convention or a Harley-Davidson ride.
- CCDA launches new website CLINTON -- A redesign of the Clinton County Development Association will go live this week. The website, www.clintoncountydevelopment.org, will go live to the public Wednesday. The website re-design includes information regarding the Fund A and Fund
- New directors hired at YWCA CLINTON — Two new directors have joined the YWCA. Megan Pope and Allie Kibler are new to the YWCA. Pope came at the end of 2013 as a new accounting director and Kibler is the new youth director. Pope received her Bachelor of Arts in accounting and bu
- Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month Health workers say testing is key By Samantha Pidde Herald Staff Writer CLINTON -- Of the cancers that target men and women equally, colorectal cancer is the second- leading cause of cancer-related deaths. Licensed practical nurse Jodi French, from the Mercy Medical Center Specialty
- Fulton PTO hosts summer activities fair, open house FULTON, Ill. -- The Fulton Elementary PTO (Parent Teacher Organization) is hosting a summer activities fair in conjunction with the annual open house/art show on Thursday, March 27. The event will be from 6 to 7 p.m. in the Fulton Elementary School G
- Ikes meet tonight CLINTON -- The Izaak Walton League will meet at 6:30 p.m. Thursday at Ikes Haven, 4167 Iowa 136. Rex Hanson of Dubuque will discuss the nationway shooting program, which used military-style target shooting for all ages. Updates on the indoor shooting
- Peace Soup series continues with presentation about Buddhism CLINTON --- A full house attended Tuesday's Peace Soup talk on Buddhism at St. Boniface Center. "Understanding Interfaith Connections to Peace" continued this week with April Wise, a Buddhist practicing in the New Kadampa tradition at the Lamrim Bud
'Kid, I'm sorry, but you're just not college material'
What if encouraging students to take a shot at the college track - despite very long odds of crossing its finish line - does them more harm than good?
Is there a Disney universe?
Casual fans accept that Disney movies take place once upon a time, in a land far, far away. But Tumblr users are not casual fans. And they want it all to Mean Something.
Why your Facebook friends are so gullible
These stories aren't real. They're the work of the New Yorker's not-particularly-funny online satirist Andy Borowitz, but many people, not just your gullible Facebook friends, invariably believe them. Sometimes the official state news agencies of global superpowers believe them.
- More Lifestyles Headlines
- Vapefest: Where e-cigarette camaraderie is in the air — along with haze