- Halloween attractions asking guests to take part NEW YORK -- Ghost tours and haunted houses are hallmarks of the weeks leading up to Halloween. But this year, some attractions are upping their game with an interactive component. Now, visitors aren't just shrieking at the sight of zombies -- they're
- Balance bike racing for tots is catching on EAGLE, Colo. (AP) -- They gather at the starting line with their tiny handlebars nearly touching. Decked out in helmets, jerseys and protective knee guards, they wait at the gate, listening to the call of "On your mark, get set, go!" before racing of
- With autumn comes winter squash and apples Each autumn brings us football games, colorful leaves, Halloween and my favorite -- all the seasonal items in the produce department. The burst of colors from the large assortment of winter squash and apples is sure to remind us that autumn is here.
- A ham and cheese French toast How do you make a big, bold, savory French toast even bigger, bolder and more savory? Instead of building it a slice at a time, you build it by the loaf. My inspiration was a pillow-soft loaf of unsliced sandwich bread. Looking at it, I wondered what
Pet of the Week: Koda
This is Koda, a 2-year-old terrier blend with a lot of spunk. He came into the Clinton Humane Society the middle of September. He would be great with most kids and other dogs pending a meet and greet.
- Driving class is important In May of this year, Seniors vs Crime co-sponsored the AARP Safe Driving Class, held at Clinton Community College's Technology Center. The class proved so popular, we closed registration, putting some folks on a waiting list. Because of this demand,
Jackson Co. landmark receives heritage grant
MAQUOKETA -- The Penningroth Machine Shed will undergo improvements soon due to a $9,900 grant from Silos & Smokestacks National Heritage Area.
Teenage drivers with teen passengers more likely to die in accidents
When a novice teen driver dies in a crash, odds increasingly are that there is another teenager in
the car, new research shows.
Apples really can help keep the doctor away
Apples don't get the same buzz as popular "superfruits" such as goji berries, acai berries or pomegranates. But don't overlook them.
Library gearing up for Autumn Fest
Celebrate autumn and the library on Saturday, Sept. 28, from 10:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- More Lifestyles Headlines