- Exhibits showcases students' artwork CLINTON -- Student artwork will be featured in two exhibits this spring in Ashford University's Cortona Art Gallery. The annual student/senior juried exhibit is set for Monday through March 27 with a reception and awards presentation from 3 to 5 p.m.
Spring Madness: 3 apps to help manage your schedule
Spring is imminent, and as you welcome the warmer weather, it's time to start thinking about home maintenance, school events and everything else you put off during the winter. These three apps will help you manage your schedule, no matter your organization style.
- West Carroll FFA Ag Mechanics Team Wins Section #1 Contest SAVANNA, Ill. -- The West Carroll FFA Ag Mechanics team won the Section No. 1 Ag Mechanics Contest on March 10 at West Carroll High School. The West Carroll team score was 425.5. Eastland placed second with 377.5. Individually for the West Carroll va
- Craft Camp is May 13 in Sterling STERLING, Ill. -- The Homemakers Craft Camp will be held Tuesday, May 13, at the Latin American Social Club, 2807 W. 4th St., Sterling. There will be 13 teachers providing instruction for oil painting, paper crafts, greeting cards, paper embroidery,
- Center eyes foundation funds to fight sexual assault, violence CLINTON -- The YWCA domestic violence/sexual assault resource center is once again partnering with the Feinstein Foundation to fight hunger. The foundation's annual $1 million Feinstein Challenge runs throughout March. During this time, pledges and d
- Dozens attend Peace Soup opening CLINTON -- Approximately 100 people came to St. Boniface Center on Tuesday to hear about the world's oldest religion. Understanding Interfaith Connections to Peace began this week as Jitendra Vaidya spoke to a group about Hinduism and its foundations
- Clinton eatery showcases authentic Mexican food CLINTON -- Travelers along Lincoln Way in Clinton may notice something a little different about the building occupying the 1841 address -- like the bright orange paint covering its exterior walls. That's because what for years used to be Godfather's
- Carroll County Haiti Mission Project Trivia Night SAVANNA, Ill. -- One hundred new questions --10 questions from 10 categories -- are ready to test the smarts of teams at the Carroll County Haiti Mission Project's 14th Trivia Night fundraiser on Saturday, April 5, at Manny's Pizza in Savanna. Cash
Researchers tackle mystery of how some snakes can fly
Flying snakes sound like creatures from a bad B-movie, but these serpents are elegant gliders that have evolved a special skill that sets them apart. In two new studies, engineers have used simulations to try to decipher how the wingless reptile manages to remain airborne despite its lack of flight appendages.
- YWCA announces Achievement honorees CLINTON -- The YWCA has announced this year's honorees for Woman of Achievement awards. The YWCA has honored local women since 1973 for leadership, accomplishments and achievements within their profession and the community with the Woman of Achieveme
- More Lifestyles Headlines