Samantha Pidde Herald Staff Writer
The Clinton Herald
---- — CLINTON — No one was injured in an early morning fire at Hawthorne Woods Apartments, 1241 Gateway.
The Clinton Fire Department was dispatched at 1:23 a.m. today for smoke and fire in a bedroom of a multi-family apartment complex. According to a press release, the family was alerted to the fire by a daughter who awoke to smoke in the apartment and was able to awaken her family. The occupants got out of the apartment unharmed. One person was evaluated for possible smoke inhalation, but was not transported to the hospital.
The fire department responded with two ladder companies, one engine company, two ambulances and 12 firefighters on scene, as well as five additional call-back personnel. The first unit on scene found a smoldering mattress in a lower apartment and was able to extinguish it with a water can. The damage was contained to the apartment.
The Fulton Fire Department and Clinton Police Department also assisted.