Clinton police this afternoon have announced that one person is dead as the result of a self-inflicted gunshot wound at the Clinton Women’s Club.
At 2:05 p.m. today, police received a call from staff at the club, located at 420 Fifth Ave. South. Staff members reported hearing a gunshot in the living quarters of the building. Staff members were told by police to leave the building.
At 4:10 p.m., officers from the hazardous entry team entered the living quarters and found a resident dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
No foul play is suspected, police say.
The name of the deceased is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
- Local News
City reacts to Clinton firefighters' arbitration ruling
Clinton City Administrator Jessica Kinser does not believe last week’s arbitration ruling will result in personnel reductions. Meanwhile, Clinton firefighters union Local 609 is pleased with the ruling.
Boats collide on Mississippi River in Clinton
A boating collision late Saturday in Clinton caused a closure of the Mississippi River to boating traffic.
O'Malley visits Clinton amid talk of presidential run
Martin O'Malley's latest foray into Iowa began, appropriately, in a place called Clinton.
CCJCC heading toward new jail facility referendum
The Clinton County Justice Coordinating Commission is continuing its path toward the construction of a new jail facility.
UPDATE: Police seek assistance in Fifth Ave. shooting investigation
A shooting that occurred Friday morning in the 100 block of Fifth Avenue South remains under investigation by the Clinton Police Department.
JUST IN: Man shot in downtown Clinton
A 32-year-old man was shot in downtown Clinton early today.
- Football facility receives makeover CAMANCHE — Camanche School District administrators expect updates to the high school football facility to be completed next week.Camanche Superintendent Tom Parker said crews have worked to make sure everything is complete before next week’s Clinton
Concurrent terms ordered in burglary case
CLINTON — A Clinton man will serve four concurrent prison terms for his role in a string of 2012 burglaries.Assistant Clinton County Attorney Amanda Myers on Thursday requested the court to order Cory Mitchell, 38, to serve as much as 10 years in pri
- Drying out CAMANCHE — It’s not been ideal summer for Rock Creek Marina and Campground staff members.A constant battle with the Mississipapi River’s flooded waters and the wreckage it has left in its wake has prevented the group from opening the campground to gu
- District tries to attract prison workers FULTON, Ill. — While the renovation process at the Thomson, Illinois, Correctional Center has yet to begin, a few high-level management positions have already been filled.Filling those positions are people, and most importantly to the River Bend Scho
- More Local News Headlines
- City reacts to Clinton firefighters' arbitration ruling