Clinton police this afternoon have announced that one person is dead as the result of a self-inflicted gunshot wound at the Clinton Women’s Club.
At 2:05 p.m. today, police received a call from staff at the club, located at 420 Fifth Ave. South. Staff members reported hearing a gunshot in the living quarters of the building. Staff members were told by police to leave the building.
At 4:10 p.m., officers from the hazardous entry team entered the living quarters and found a resident dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
No foul play is suspected, police say.
The name of the deceased is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
- Local News
Work continues on STEM wing (with VIDEOS)
GOOSE LAKE — Rising out of the school grounds, the construction of a new athletic center and science wing continues at Northeast Middle/High School in Goose Lake.School administration and the board of education toured the construction site Thursday n
Second arbitration filing
AFSCME union is the second this summer to file for arbitration against Clinton.
Fire causes Vitale's closure
Vitale's restaurant closed this afternoon, according to the business's Facebook page, citing a small fire for the cause of the closing.
Voices lifted for Habitat (with VIDEOS)
CLINTON — Members of the community came out in droves Sunday afternoon to attend a Concert for a Cause, a first-time event benefiting Habitat of Humanity of Clinton County.More than 70 voices joined together in the Vernon Cook Theater for the CHS Alu
- GM looks to combat decreasing revenue CLINTON — The new general manager of the Clinton Wild Rose Casino and Resort hopes to utilize programs and giveaways to counteract decreasing revenue.During the Clinton County Development Association meeting last week, General Manager Travis Dvorak r
- Two move on to State Fair DEWITT — Want a free bid to the Iowa State Fair? A few girls in the Clinton County Fair’s Bill Riley Talent Show figured out that one way to punch that ticket is to get on the stage.Participants age 7 to 16 did so on Sunday, showcasing their gymnasti
Eight dead people still registered to vote
CLINTON — The Iowa Secretary of State’s office found that 1,234 presumed dead people are still registered to vote in Iowa, including eight in Clinton County.The state uncovered the names by cross referencing with the Social Security Death Index. The
Kinser salary increase on the agenda
CLINTON -- Seven months into the new term, the Clinton City Council has avoided closed session. Tuesday’s regular meeting, however, features two topics that likely will move into a closed meeting.First, city leaders will discuss “pending or imminent
Clinton woman suffers gunshot wound
A woman suffered a gunshot wound today in Clinton.
- Academy encourages informed citizens CLINTON — The city of Clinton is encouraging citizens to pay more mind of their local government. Through the city’s inaugural Citizen’s Academy, Clinton’s leaders hope to give people a better understanding of how the city works.City clerk Pat Van Lo
- More Local News Headlines
- Work continues on STEM wing (with VIDEOS)