Herald Staff Report
The Clinton Herald
---- — CLINTON — April is Community College Month and the celebration continues all month long with a variety of activities including the new CCC Connects Showcase, highlighting the programs, faculty, and facilities that make Clinton Community College a smart choice when preparing for your future.
The community is invited to CCC to enjoy the following activities:
• High School Fine Arts Day - Friday, April 19, 9 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
• SNAP Club Texas Hold’em Tourney – Saturday, April 20, 9 a.m. – Call Glenn Williams at CCC.
• Adopt R Campus – Monday, April 22, Maquoketa and CCC – noon at CCC Main campus, Technology Center & Maquoketa Center.
• Adopt R Highway Project – Monday, April 22 – CCC Auditorium – 3:15 p.m.
• CCC Connects! Showcase - Maquoketa Center - Tuesday, April 23, 4– 6 p.m.
• CCC Connects! Showcase - CCC Main Campus & CCC Technology Center – Friday, April 26, 3 – 6 p.m.,
• PTK Fundraiser - Pizza Ranch - Monday, April 29, 5 – 8 p.m. Proceeds benefit the CCC Honor Society chapter as it raises funds for educating people around the world.
• Paul B. Sharar Foundation Scholarship Donor and Recipients Reception – 4 p.m. – CCC Auditorium, 1000 Lincoln Blvd., Clinton.
New for 2013 is “CCC Connects!”, a showcase of programs and offerings at Clinton Community College. Program demonstrations in Mechatronics, Graphic Arts, Truck Driving, Mechanical Design, Welding, Chemistry, Nursing, GED and more will be on the campuses.
In addition, come to meet the faculty, attend information sessions such as “College 101” and “Paying for College,” plus there will be music, food and games for the kids.
“CCC Connects!” will be held at the Maquoketa Center, 501 West Washington St., Maquoketa, on Tuesday, April 23, from 4 – 6 p.m. “CCC Connects!” will be at the CCC main campus, 1000 Lincoln Blvd., and the CCC Technology Center, 1951 Manufacturing Drive from 3 – 6 p.m.
Clinton Community College has invested $6 million in improvements to facilities that support teaching and learning since 2007. These improvements include:
• High Definition Lecture Classroom – CCC’s first fully functional high definition lecture classroom. Seating will be group tables for collaboration, the technology is current and user friendly, with a “Crestron” color touchscreen to control various components and lighting, a Panasonic projector with a 16:10 high definition picture illuminates a large area of the classroom wall, and eight ceiling- mounted speakers with an 80-watt amplifier completes the classroom.
• Microbiology and biology labs were redesigned to incorporate lecture and lab into one seamless educational experience.
• State-of-the-art technology is utilized throughout the classrooms, labs, and lecture halls at Clinton Community College.
• Student Success Center offers students free tutoring services, with emphasis in math and sciences.
• The Financial Services area offers easy access to financial aid and business services. It includes the Bursar, Financial Aid Office and Financial Aid Specialist, Room Scheduler, and Assistant to the President.
• The science addition totals 8,000 square feet, including the state-of-the-art chemistry and physics labs, preparation area, plus faculty offices.
CCC Maquoketa Center opened in fall 2009 and serves Jackson County. Expansion of the welding and CNC labs will offer students current training for future employment.
For information about any of the programs or events listed, contact Ann Eisenman at 244-7040.