Photos from Friday's Downtown Trick-or-Treat celebration. View and purchase photos by visiting our SmugMug gallery at ClintonHerald.smugmug.com.
- Local News
Touring the unfinished Clinton MS (With Video)
- City of Fulton will retain marina control FULTON, Ill. -- For at least one more year the city of Fulton will retain control of a municipal marina despite one local businessman's request to gain partial ownership. During a City Council meeting Monday, local boat repairman Donnie Saiter's requ
- Day helps Fulton clean FULTON, Ill. Ever wonder what to do with old electronic devices or household appliances that no longer work? Well, Fulton city officials also pondered that question, which is why they created Fulton Recycling Day. From 8 to 11 a.m. Saturday, Fulton
Clean-Up Day service project will spruce up city of Clinton
CLINTON Spring is finally here but with it's arrival it has revealed an unsightly truth in downtown Clinton -- a lot of trash littered on the city streets. In an attempt to reduce the amount of trash, elected officials, city staff and volunteers wil
- Clinton looks into roadway safety upgrades Herald Staff Report Clinton looks into roadway safety upgrades
A year after 'chaos'
It happened two hours after John Hood finished his run. Like many, he thought the loud boom was just the sound of cannons going off, something that shook the ground. It was odd, but Hood — a 1989 Clinton High School graduate — tried to make it logical, associating the noise with another good happening at the Boston Marathon.
Theft trial for man charged in Wolfe sisters' murders
A western Pennsylvania man accused of having robbed and killed his next-door neighbors, two sisters of Iowa Rep. Mary Wolfe, now also faces trial on charges that he stole another woman's wedding ring a year ago.
State police in Greensburg allege that 43-year-old Allen Wade of East Liberty, Pa., stole the ring while delivering a refrigerator to a home in April 2013. Westmoreland County Common Pleas Judge Rita Hathaway on Thursday agreed to schedule the case for trial.
- More felonies added to sex abuse charges CLINTON -- A Clinton man already facing multiple felony charges for allegedly sexually abusing a child is now facing six more felonies for sexual exploitation of a child. Tony D. James, 45, was charged this past weekend with six counts of sexual expl
- Wildlife service to conduct burnings CLINTON -- The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service will conduct several prescribed burns this spring. The burns will take place on the Upper Mississippi River National Wildlife and Fish Refuge in Carroll and Jo Daviess counties. Sites planned for burning
- More Local News Headlines
- Touring the unfinished Clinton MS (With Video)