Education: Bachelor of Science English-Rhetorical Studies; Bachelor of Arts: Political Science with a minor in criminal justice from Iowa State University in 2005; Masters of Public Administration Degree from Iowa State University in 2007.
• Police dispatcher, ISU Police at Iowa State University from October 2002 to August 2005.
• Program coordinator for Volunteer Center of Story County in Ames from October 2004 to May 2006.
• Program assistant in the purchasing department at Iowa State University from August 2005 to September 2007.
• Management/financial analyst for County of Ottawa, West Olive, Mich., from October 2007 to present.
• City administrator for the city of Griswold, Iowa, from February 2010 to October 2011.
• Finance director/assistant city administrator for the city of Clinton from October 2011 to present. She has served as Clinton’s interim city administrator since Jan. 22, 2013.
• Finance Committee of the United Way of Clinton County, Iowa
• Finance Committee of the YWCA of Clinton
• Clinton Rotary Club
• Government Finance Officers Association
• Iowa City/County Management Association
• International City/County Management Association
Kinser has lived in Clinton the past 14 months, serving as the city’s finance director, and then becoming the interim city administrator in January following the November resignation of former city administrator Jeff Horne.
“I bring a strong financial background to the position of city administrator,” she notes in her application to the city. “Clinton has seen a financial downturn in recent years which has stressed the finances of the city, resulting in numerous, difficult issues. My achievements over the past year include a balanced General Fund budget for fiscal year 2013, a clear picture of the status of the city’s utilities, implementation of financial policies and procedures, communicating the city’s financial status to stakeholders and more.”
She points out that her management philosophy is “that you cannot lead from the top unless you know what happens at the bottom. I am not afraid to see how the job is done throughout the organization and pitch in wherever I can.”
- Local News
Clinton County's satellite office in DeWitt on track for September 2 opening
With the construction of a new parking lot expected by the middle of August, county officials are planning for the Clinton County Satellite Office’s opening to happen soon.
New sentencing hearing sought in robbery case
A man serving a minimum of seven years in prison on a second-degree robbery charge has applied for a new sentencing hearing, seeking a prison sentence without a mandatory minimum.
UPDATE: 17-year-old fell, airlifted at Eagle Point Park (with VIDEO)
A 17-year-old male was airlifted to Iowa City Monday afternoon after he fell approximately 80 feet from the bluff at Eagle Point Park. The male was not identified by authorities.
Judge rejects McClellan's suspended sentence
A Clinton man accused of assaulting his girlfriend recanted his guilty plea after a District Court judge rejected a plea agreement that recommended a suspended sentence.
Clinton man faces alcohol charge in connection with boat crash
Two boat operators have been charged in connection with a Saturday night accident on the main channel of the Mississippi River in front of the Clinton marina.
City reacts to Clinton firefighters' arbitration ruling
Clinton City Administrator Jessica Kinser does not believe last week’s arbitration ruling will result in personnel reductions. Meanwhile, Clinton firefighters union Local 609 is pleased with the ruling.
Boats collide on Mississippi River in Clinton
A boating collision late Saturday in Clinton caused a closure of the Mississippi River to boating traffic.
O'Malley visits Clinton amid talk of presidential run
Martin O'Malley's latest foray into Iowa began, appropriately, in a place called Clinton.
CCJCC heading toward new jail facility referendum
The Clinton County Justice Coordinating Commission is continuing its path toward the construction of a new jail facility.
UPDATE: Police seek assistance in Fifth Ave. shooting investigation
A shooting that occurred Friday morning in the 100 block of Fifth Avenue South remains under investigation by the Clinton Police Department.
- More Local News Headlines
- Clinton County's satellite office in DeWitt on track for September 2 opening