- Local News
- Dozens seek Fund B grants CLINTON — More than three dozen applications will be considered for Fund B grants from the Clinton County Development Association.CCDA Secretary Jennifer Rogers reported Wednesday to having received 40 applications, requesting a total of $1.2 million
- Back on the river CLINTON — Though the official start of summer came nearly a month ago, boaters have had few chances at navigating the area’s main summertime staple — the Mississippi River.That time has finally arrived. After months of battling high waters, dangerous
Police arrest woman for car break ins
A 21-year-old woman was arrested for three charges of burglary to a motor vehicle after witnesses told Clinton police they observed her entering multiple vehicles in the early hours of Thursday morning.
Board cites Clinton doctor for Medicaid violations
A Clinton doctor has been cited for Medicaid billing violations.
Gorzney named queen (with VIDEO)
DEWITT — Marie Gorzney said it always caught her attention whenever the notice was put out looking for Clinton County Fair Queen pageant participants. This year, the 2013 Calamus-Wheatland High School graduate decided it was time to go after it.“I’ve
- Supervisors update progress at fair trek DEWITT — Every year, the Clinton County Board of Supervisors spend a day at the Clinton County Fair, visiting with their constituents in the county and on Thursday, they did just that.Hosting their regular board meeting inside the fairgrounds has bee
- New 911 system planned for county dispatchers (with VIDEO)
School officials address CCDA
CLINTON — Camanche School District members attended this month’s Clinton County Development Association meeting to address a possible misunderstanding from an allocation policy discussion during a June meeting.Superintendent Tom Parker and Board of E
- Towns prep for opening of prison FULTON, Ill. — When the U.S. Senate Appropriations Committee approved $43.7 million in June for equipment and staffing toward the activation of the Thomson, Illinois, Correctional Center, a wave of relief came over officials in the Gateway area.But,
- Commission recommends dept. promotion CAMANCHE — The Camanche Fire Department is one step closer to filling a three-year vacancy at the captain position after the Camanche Civil Service Commission on Wednesday approved the promotion of Lt. Jim Sowle.Sowle, a 17-year fire department veter
- More Local News Headlines