- Local News
UPDATED: Boutwell sentenced to up to 75 years in prison
A Clinton man has been sentenced to up to 75 years in prison in connection with charges of sexual abuse and exploitation of a little girl.
In March, Jason Boutwell, 33, was found guilty of seven charges of second-degree sexual abuse, a Class B felony, and 60 counts of sexual exploitation of a minor, production, a Class C felony.
Police: West Carroll teacher had relationship with student
A West Carroll High School teacher has been arrested for sexual assault.
Chelsey J. Wheeler, of Lanark, Ill., turned herself in on a warrant on Monday at the Carroll County Sheriff's Office. She is accused of having a relationship with a student.
- Coalition offers assistance to Fulton FULTON, Ill. -- One Fulton resident will receive assistance to refurbish their home from the Rock Island Economic Growth Housing Coalition in the form of a 10-year, $20,000 forgivable loan.. Fulton city officials were notified of the low-interest hou
- 'Skilled Iowa' participation on the rise CLINTON -- Last year, 66 Clinton employers had agreed to support the new Skilled Iowa Initiative. A year later, that number has more than doubled to 157 businesses. Doug Rempfer, a business service representative with the Davenport office of Iowa Wor
- Funding for DeWitt project approved DEWITT -- Funding for the Eighth Street infrastructure project with the sale of general obligation bonds not to exceed $4 million was approved at the DeWitt City Council meeting Monday. The bonds also will cover refunding of the city's 2008 bond. Th
- Clinton to host marathons series CLINTON -- After 30 years of running marathons, Clint Burleson, of New Mexico, thought it would be worthwhile to organize interesting but low-key marathons into a multiple-day series of marathons. The series, known as Mainly Marathons, appeals to the
- Buck's Barn hotel, golf course property purchased THOMSON, Ill. -- Two local men are doing what they can to put Thomson back on the map, and are hoping their newest business venture will be a swinging success. Ryan Eissens and Zac Vandendooren, both natives of Thomson, grew up playing golf on the vi
- Red Flag Warning for burning in Clinton County
Lynch Dallas selected for city's legal team
Tuesday's vote showcased a narrow margin and a difficult — but important — decision facing the Clinton City Council. By a 4-3 count, Council members directed a resolution approving Cedar Rapids firm Lynch Dallas as Clinton's next city attorney be drafted for the next regular Council meeting on April 22.
"These two are probably the best two firms we could have come up with," Councilman Ed O'Neill said. "I think we're at a point where we as a group have a four-door sedan... Right now, we're in the market and we need a pickup truck."
- Officials eye ways to fund facilities CLINTON -- An almost two-hour-long needs assessment study presentation revealed both answers and questions concerning the county jail, the Clinton Police Department and Communications department. Michael Morman, from Shive Hattery Architecture and En
- More Local News Headlines
- UPDATED: Boutwell sentenced to up to 75 years in prison