- Local News
Man arrested on assault warrant
A Clinton man is being held on a $2,500 cash only bond in the Clinton County jail for allegedly assaulting three people in March.
According to court records, a warrant was issued on March 18 for Donald R. Kersey, 33, 638 Third Ave. South, in connection with a March 14 assault. His hearing for initial appearance was held last Friday and he was taken into custody and given a $2,500 bond. His preliminary hearing is set for Friday.
- District contemplating BANs to finance school CLINTON -- Construction of the new Clinton Middle School has put the Clinton Community School District at its sales tax revenue bond borrowing capacity. To finance what remains of the project, the district may undergo some bonding gymnastics. Last w
- One dead in county motorcycle accident CLINTON -- A motorcycle accident Saturday claimed the life of a Clinton man. Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory confirmed today the identity of a man pronounced dead at the scene of the accident as Jonathan Nash, 41, of Clinton.
Airport amenities taking off
CLINTON - Winter weather set back revisions at the Clinton Municipal Airport by roughly 60 days. Despite that, airport director Mike Nass said very soon the community will reap benefits of the construction project. "We looked like we were not too fa
- Final decision on legal services looms Council set to meet Tuesday Final decision on legal services looms
- Man admits to selling, sharing marijuana By Samantha Pidde Herald Staff Writer Suspended sentence recommended Man admits to selling, sharing marijuana
- New owner takes over strip mall FULTON, Ill. -- Growth in business may be on the rise in Fulton now that a five-unit strip mall that sat vacant for several years is ready to be utilized. Craig Wilson is the property's new owner, closing on the mall on March 28. While he has an exte
JUST IN: DNA, video leads to trial in Wolfe sisters' slayings
A Pittsburgh man may have to overcome extremely long odds — 13.7 quintillion-to-1 — when he stands trial on charges that he robbed and killed his next-door neighbors, two sisters of Iowa Rep. Mary Wolfe.
Those are the odds a pair of sweatpants could belong to any other black man except the suspect, 43-year-old Allen Darell Wade, based on DNA found on the waistband, according to lab test results presented by prosecutors at a preliminary hearing Friday.
- Hearing set in slaying of Wolfe sisters PITTSBURGH -- A city man charged with robbing and killing his next-door neighbors -- two sisters formerly of Clinton -- was scheduled for a preliminary hearing today to determine whether prosecutors have enough evidence to bring him to trial. Police
- Man pleads in domestic abuse case CLINTON — A man charged with choking his girlfriend pleaded guilty to domestic abuse with injury. Joshua J. McRae, 28, was sentenced to 60 days in the Clinton County jail, with 16 days suspended and credit for 44 days served. He was fined $315 and or
- More Local News Headlines
- Man arrested on assault warrant