- Local News
CCDA will match funds to secure van
CLINTON -- One local non-profit organization soon will benefit from a donation from the Clinton County Development Association but it's not their typical form of grant giving. During a meeting Wednesday, CCDA members discussed the possibility of matc
- Jury deliberating in sex abuse case CLINTON -- Jurors were set to return to court this morning to continue deliberating on the trial of a man accused of sexually abusing a 3-year-old girl. The jury deliberated for more than two hours on the Russell McColley case Wednesday afternoon, be
- City considers upsizing storm sewer capacity CAMANCHE -- Residential development is a key component to the fortitude of Camanche, according to city leaders so they are taking the steps necessary to keep it an appealing location for future investors. To do so, those leaders are looking to up siz
- Schools will continue sports-sharing agreements CLINTON -- Students attending Camanche, Central DeWitt, Northeast and Prince of Peace schools still will be able to participate in the athletic programs offered in the Clinton School District. At a meeting Monday, Clinton School Board members approve
- Sex abuse trial continues CLINTON -- Assistant County Attorney Ross Barlow began his case Tuesday against a man charged with sexual abuse of a 3-year-old girl. Russell McColley, 39, is charged with second-degree sexual abuse, a class B felony carrying as much as 25 years in
- Cattail Slough closed due to high water FULTON, Ill. -- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Mississippi River Project announces that Cattail Slough recreation area south of Fulton has been closed due to high water levels. The recreation area will remain closed until it has dried out sufficie
- Thefts from farms investigated MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Carroll County Crime Stoppers is asking for help to solve two recent burglaries being investigated by the Carroll County Sheriff's Department. A caller could receive a reward of as much as $1,000 for information leading to an ar
- Local candidates gear up for primary election CLINTON -- The campaign trail is heating up a little early this year for Iowa politicians as the primary election is on the horizon and many challengers await. Three Republican primary races are causing those candidates to get their names and faces o
MAP: January & February arrests by ward
The monthly arrest reports for January and February indicate 139 total arrests were made by Clinton police during that time period.
UPDATED: School board finalizes new budget, cuts positions
Job cuts in the Clinton School District were made official this week.
Clinton School Board members approved 12 job cuts in February to make up a $907,751 deficit in the fiscal year 2014-15 school district budget. On Monday, the board unanimously approved the final budget, which included the cuts.
- More Local News Headlines
- CCDA will match funds to secure van