- Local News
- Savanna man found dead in Carroll County Jail MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. -- The Carroll County Coroner is investigating the death of a Savanna, Ill., man in the Carroll County Sheriff's Department jail facility in Mount Carroll. According to a Carroll County Sheriff's Department press release, Dustin P
- Jail needs report due in April CLINTON — Progress is being made on two Clinton County Justice Coordinating Commission projects. A $53,000 jail needs assessment conducted by Shive Hattery is moving forward, with the CCJCC paying approximately 56 percent of it. The rest of the proje
- Emergency declared CLINTON - The City of Clinton has declared a snow emergency to be in effect from 2 p.m. today until all the streets are clear. If vehicles have not been removed from designated snow routes by 7 p.m. today, the Clinton Police Department will enforce t
- Pothole problems imminent with deep thaw CLINTON -- Potholes caused by winter weather have started to form within city and county streets and, according to road experts, it's just the tip of the iceberg as the Gateway region heads into what they're calling a "deep thaw." Potholes form from
- '12 Years a Slave' rises up LOS ANGELES -- Perhaps atoning for past sins, Hollywood named the brutal, unshrinking historical drama "12 Years a Slave" best picture at the 86th annual Academy Awards. Steve McQueen's slavery odyssey, based on Solomon Northup's 1853 memoir, has bee
- A strong February wipes out S&P 500's January loss NEW YORK -- After two months of trading, the stock market is back where it started. The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose 4.3 percent in February, the biggest gain since October 2013, helped by strong corporate earnings and a Federal Reserve that seem
- Man charged with attempted murder MAQUOKETA -- A man has been charged with attempted murder in Jackson County. Robert Michael McClain, 44, was charged this week of attempted murder, willful inury and possession of a weapon by a felon. The attempted murder charge is a Class B felony a
Starbucks coming to Clinton Hy-Vee
Coffee shop part of a store-wide seven-month renovation.
Meth manufacturing leads to prison time for Camanche man
CLINTON -- A Camanche man will serve as much as 10 years in prison for manufacturing methamphetamine in a home with two juvenile children. District Court Judge Mark Lawson sentenced Brandon Green to no more than 10 years in prison for conspiracy to m
Man charged with attempted murder in Jackson County
A man has been charged with attempted murder in Jackson County.
- More Local News Headlines