- Local News
- GM looks to combat decreasing revenue CLINTON — The new general manager of the Clinton Wild Rose Casino and Resort hopes to utilize programs and giveaways to counteract decreasing revenue.During the Clinton County Development Association meeting last week, General Manager Travis Dvorak r
- Two move on to State Fair DEWITT — Want a free bid to the Iowa State Fair? A few girls in the Clinton County Fair’s Bill Riley Talent Show figured out that one way to punch that ticket is to get on the stage.Participants age 7 to 16 did so on Sunday, showcasing their gymnasti
Eight dead people still registered to vote
CLINTON — The Iowa Secretary of State’s office found that 1,234 presumed dead people are still registered to vote in Iowa, including eight in Clinton County.The state uncovered the names by cross referencing with the Social Security Death Index. The
Kinser salary increase on the agenda
CLINTON -- Seven months into the new term, the Clinton City Council has avoided closed session. Tuesday’s regular meeting, however, features two topics that likely will move into a closed meeting.First, city leaders will discuss “pending or imminent
Clinton woman suffers gunshot wound
A woman suffered a gunshot wound today in Clinton.
- Academy encourages informed citizens CLINTON — The city of Clinton is encouraging citizens to pay more mind of their local government. Through the city’s inaugural Citizen’s Academy, Clinton’s leaders hope to give people a better understanding of how the city works.City clerk Pat Van Lo
- Director seeks new system CLINTON — With concerns about an aging radio system and unsatisfactory coverage in the west end of the county, the Clinton County E-911 Board is considering some communications projects. Communications Director Eric Dau informed the board this week t
- Dozens seek Fund B grants CLINTON — More than three dozen applications will be considered for Fund B grants from the Clinton County Development Association.CCDA Secretary Jennifer Rogers reported Wednesday to having received 40 applications, requesting a total of $1.2 million
- Back on the river CLINTON — Though the official start of summer came nearly a month ago, boaters have had few chances at navigating the area’s main summertime staple — the Mississippi River.That time has finally arrived. After months of battling high waters, dangerous
Police arrest woman for car break ins
A 21-year-old woman was arrested for three charges of burglary to a motor vehicle after witnesses told Clinton police they observed her entering multiple vehicles in the early hours of Thursday morning.
- More Local News Headlines