- Local News
- Coalition alerting parents to underage drinking CAMANCHE -- There are two significant milestones that many students look forward to during their high school careers -- prom and graduation. However, because of bad decision-making, some students will never get to experience those rights of passage
Dutch Days: 40 years and counting
FULTON, Ill. -- A spring-time staple will return for its 40th consecutive year. The community will come together once again May 2 to celebrate Fulton's heritage at the 40th annual Dutch Days Festival. Dutch Days committee chairwoman and City Alderwom
- Judge denies guilty plea withdrawal CLINTON -- A Clinton County District Court judge has denied a man's attempt at withdrawing a guilty plea. Eric R. Hook, 45, 900 S. 10th St., was sentenced last week to no more than five years in prison for willful injury causing bodily injury, a clas
Man charged in meth case
A Clinton man has been charged with conspiracy to manufacture methamphetamine and possession of methamphetamine.
Timothy W. Atkinson, 35, 1419 Honey Lane, was arrested Sunday after Clinton police executed a search warrant at his residence.
Judge denies guilty plea withdrawal
A Clinton County District Court judge has denied a man's attempt at withdrawing a guilty plea.
Eric R. Hook, 45, 900 S. 10th St., was sentenced last week to no more than five years in prison for willful injury causing bodily injury, a class D felony. He also was given a sentence of no more than two years in prison for domestic abuse assault, second offense, to be served concurrently.
Medication drop boxes available
Although no formal event is planned in Clinton County for Saturday’s nationwide Medication Take Back Day, area officials are reminding residents this week about permanent drop boxes at area law enforcement agencies.
Unused or expired medications can be disposed of during normal business hours in the lobbies of four police departments in Clinton County — Camanche Police Department, 819 South Washington Blvd.; Clinton County Sheriff’s office, 241 Seventh Ave. North; Clinton Police Department, 116 Sixth Ave. South; DeWitt Police Department, 606 Ninth St.
- New legal services agreement proceeds CLINTON - By one vote, the Clinton City Council voted for Lynch Dallas over local firm Frey, Haufe and Current as its next city attorney service. On Tuesday, in a show of solidarity, the council was unanimous, officially hiring the Cedar Rapids group
- Online Center hosts blood drive CLINTON -- Ashford University's Online Center will host a community blood drive from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, May 13, at 1390 19th Avenue Northwest inside the Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center donor bus. To donate, contact Amanda Pearson at
- Building to feature generator CLINTON -- After more than seven years of planning, the Clinton County Administration building is getting a new 300-kilowatt diesel-powered Caterpillar generator installed on the campus allowing it to become a certified emergency shelter and warming
- O'Neill presents CBA terms CLINTON - Public support for emergency responders has grown over the two weeks since the Clinton City Council tabled its collective bargaining resolution with city firefighters. The matter was still unresolved by the end of Tuesday's regular council
- More Local News Headlines