• The Camanche girls bowling team took runner-up honors in Class 1A, as Morgan Determan led the way with a second-place finish in individual competition with games of 214 and 213. Dubuque Wahlert won the team title with a 2,855-pin total. The Indians finished with 2,762, and Central DeWitt placed fifth (2,584).
• Clinton knocked off second-seeded Ankeny 10-8 in the first round and advanced to the semifinals of the Iowa Class 4A baseball state tournament. Sioux City East then beat the Kings 6-1 in the semifinals.
• Marquette Catholic advanced to the semifinals of the Iowa Class 1A girls basketball state tournament before losing to Newell-Fonda.
Among the top individual accomplishments of 2013:
• Camanche had another successful year in girls tennis, with Kylie Vogel and Lindsey Grams teaming up to finish second in Class 1A doubles competition, falling 7-6 (4), 7-6 (11) to the Waterloo Columbus duo of Lindsay McGonegle and Lindsay McManus.
• Camanche had three runner-up finishes at the boys 2A track state meet. Derek Harksen was runner-up in the 400, Drake Sachsenmaier placed second in the wheelchair 100-meter race and the shuttle hurdle relay group of Thomas Brantley, Devin Norman, Shykeem Williams and Mike Osaro finished second.
• Northeast's Rylee Dickey, Aleenah Marcucci, Tierra Hildebrandt and Danae Diedrich took second in the Class 2A girls 4-by-200 relay.
• Clinton's Hunter Genco won five consecutive matches in the wrestlebacks after a first-round loss and placed third at 120 pounds in the Iowa Class 3A wrestling state meet. Teammates Dustin Caldwell (fourth at 152) and Dillion Chase (fifth, 160) also earned places on the awards stand.
• In track, Marquette's Sarah Lampe (2A 200 meters), Calamus-Wheatland's Justin Alden (1A long jump) and Maquoketa's Aubree Taylor (3A 400 hurdles) all placed third at state, while Clinton's Brady Ernst was fourth in the 4A high jump and Alden took fourth in the 1A 200.