CAMANCHE — The city of Camanche approved the hiring of a police officer effective Dec. 12, while also accepting the resignation of a Camanche Police Department officer.
The Camanche City Council on Tuesday passed a resolution to approve the hiring of Jason Plozel as police officer third class with the Camanche Police Department. Plozel’s employment will commence Dec. 12 as a probationary officer. Plozel’s commencing salary is $52,499.38 annually, or $25.24 calculated hourly. All benefits commence accruing with the city of Camanche pursuant to the police and fire bargaining unit contract. The Camanche City Council approved resolutions to authorize Police Chief Colin Reid to hire a replacement officer and a resolution hiring police officer third class for the Camanche Police Department on 4-0 votes.
Councilman Marvin Lind was absent.
The Camanche City Council also accepted the resignation of Officer Shane Nixon effective Dec. 1. Nixon submitted a letter on Dec. 1, resigning from the Camanche Police Department effective Dec. 1. Council members Amber Metzger, Paul Varner and Bill Wruck voted to accept Nixon’s resignation. Councilman Jay Saxon voted present. Lind was absent.
Consent Agenda (all passed on 4-0 vote)
• Approve minutes from council meeting held on Nov. 21.
• Approve bills and claims as submitted.
• Receive, accept and place on file minutes from the Camanche Public Library Board meetings held on Nov. 1 and Dec. 4; Board of Adjustment meeting held on Nov. 28; Cemetery Board meeting held on Nov. 13.
• Application for tax abatement for 623 First St. as submitted by MGH Properties (Brent Holstein); 2860 Small Court submitted by Nate Fuller.
• Accept urban renewal TIF indebtedness for Camanche/Third Street urban renewal.
• Approve Class C beer permit, Class B Native Wine Permit and Sunday Sales for Kwik Trip, Inc., effective Feb. 28.
• Accept the annual financial report.
• Approve proposal from Dude Solution Mobile 311: passed, 4-0 vote.
• Approved second reading by title only ordinance amending Chapter 3-3-29...No parking between the hours of 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Friday...east side of Sixth Avenue from intersection with 10th Place to intersection with 11th Place: passed, 4-0 vote.
• Waive third reading and then adopt an ordinance amending Chapter 3-3-29...No parking between the hours of 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Friday...east side of Sixth Avenue from intersection with 10th Place to intersection with 11th Place: passed, 4-0 vote.
• Authorize using contingency funds to pay attorney fees for employment matter: passed, 3-1 vote.
• Approve development agreement between the City of Camanche and Cross Roads Land Development, L.L.C. to establish urban renewal area: passed, 4-0 vote.
• Authorize public works director to hire Tim Michaelsen effective Dec. 11: passed, 4-0 vote.
• Accept resignation of officer Shane Nixon effective Dec. 1: passed, 3-0 vote.
• Authorize police chief to hire replacement officer: passed, 4-0 vote.
• Approve resolution hiring police officer third class: passed, 4-0 vote.