Timber Lake Playhouse will host its first arts and music festival next month.
The day-long event that runs from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 10, will culminate the theater’s 50th anniversary season, celebrating local artists and musicians.
The event will highlight musical talent from around the area, with different performances every hour inside the theater, 8215 Black Oak Road. The schedule of performers includes:
• 11 a.m. — Ryan Getz, grandson of TLP founder Donald Mackay, of Mount Carroll.
• Noon — Bruce Cort, of Mount Carroll.
• 1 p.m. — Joe Morrow, of Mount Carroll.
• 2 p.m. — Susie Rogers, of Mount Carroll.
• 3 p.m. — Andrew Remillard and Edgar Swarthout, piano duet from Chicago.
• 4 p.m. — Dave Cuckler, of Mount Carroll.
• 5 — Marques Morel, of Mount Carroll.
• 6 p.m. — Dana French and Friends of the Blue Hearts Band of Chicago.
• 7 p.m. — TBA.
• 8 p.m. — Ray Rose and the End of the Road Band of Chadwick, Ill.
• 9 p.m. — Jam session.
The festival will also showcase a variety of local visual and culinary artists, as well as hand-made crafts from around the region. Timber Lake Playhouse is still accepting art and food vendor applications. Booth space is $25 for an individual or organization for space in front of the theater on the day of the event. For more details, call the TLP box office or email email@example.com.
Advance day passes for entertainment is $5 and can be purchased online at www.timberlakeplayhouse.org or by calling (815) 244-2035. Passes can be purchased for $10 at the door on the day of the event.