Six talented Senior division acts (ages 13-21) have advanced to the semi-final round in Bill Riley’s 53rd annual Iowa State Fair Talent Search.
Each act will perform again on Aug. 16 or 17.
The names, ages, hometowns and routines are:
• Taylor Donaldson, 18, Johnston, vocal solo
• Isaac Jankowski, 20, Clinton, tap dance
• Katelyn Renze, 17, Carroll, vocal/piano solo
• Sydney Market, 17, Polk City; Drew Minard 12, Clive, contemporary dance
• Maggie Gehlsen, 17, DeWitt, baton dance
• Jacque Hoppe, 18, Pierson; Gretchen Kistenmacher, 17, Holstein; Tessa Hanna, 18, Sioux City; Courtney Riemenschneider, 19, Kingsley; Brook Wilson, 17, Kinglsey, clog dance
Acts competed statewide to qualify for competition in this year’s Talent Search.
The championship round will take place Aug. 19 at 1:30 p.m. on the Anne and Bill Riley Stage sponsored by Pepsi. Bill Riley Jr. is once again hosting the show.
The first-place winner will receive a prize of $7,500. The second- and third-place winners will be awarded $3,500 and $1,500, respectively. More than $15,000 will be awarded to the Senior and Sprout divisions combined.
The fair runs through Aug. 19.
For more information, call 1-800-545-FAIR or visit iowastatefair.org.