• The YWCA will welcome recording artist Tiff Jimber to Clinton for an all-ages show that is free to the community. The performance will be at 6:30 p.m. in the Clinton Community College auditorium. Sponsored by Clinton Community College, this event is free to the community in honor of Women’s History Month. This is not your average piano girl. Singer/songwriter, Tiff Jimber holds nothing back when she plays, smashing out rhythms and dancing on her toes. Consistently compared to Sara Bareilles and Ben Folds, Tiff showcases her diverse jazz and classical training in catchy pop songs. As part of the YWCA series, “Women You Know, Women You’d Like to Meet”, Tiff and her band will take the audience on a musical adventure, taking a look at the historical landmarks and events women accomplished through their music careers.
For more information on this free community event, visit the Events page of the YWCA website at www.ywcaclinton.org or call Shannon at the YWCA at 242-2110, Ext. 104.
• The Second Annual Martini Affair Event is at Rastrelli’s Restaurant in association with Big Brothers Big Sisters and Don’s Jewelry. 5:30 to 9 p.m. at the Tuscany Special Events Center. Travis Hosette will perform. Ticket prices are $44.95 with $10 of each ticket to be donated to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Clinton. Each guest will receive six tickets to sample Pearl Vodka martinis. Tickets are available by calling Rastrelli’s at 242-7441 or Big Brothers Big Sisters at 243-4223.
• The YWCA will offer a bus trip to the QCCA Flower and Garden Show. After the show, the bus will head to LeClaire for a tour of the Mississippi River Distillery. All are welcome to attend. The bus will leave the parking lot across from the YWCA at 9 a.m., arriving at the QCCA Expo Center by 10 a.m. Participants will have the opportunity to enjoy all the QCCA Flower and Garden Show has to offer and meet with Melinda Myers. At 1:30 p.m., the bus will go on to Le Claire for the Mississippi River Distillery tour which begins at 2 p.m. The bus is scheduled to arrive back at the YWCA by 4 p.m. The cost of the trip is $28 for YWCA members and $33 for non-members. Prices include chartered coach, the tour and expo tickets. Those interested may sign up by stopping by the YWCA front desk or calling 242-2110. Payment is required to reserve a seat on the bus. For more information on this trip or the YWise Senior Program, call YWCA Senior Services Coordinator Jeanne McKenzie at 242-2110, ext. 302.
• Spring Home & Outdoor Show, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Wild Rose Casino. The event features many booths to see, from vendors about anything for your home or garden to outdoor fun. There will be demonstrations and opportunities to talk to home and garden professionals about the latest trends. There is a $1 admission charge.
• Mercy Advantage participants are invited to travel to Maquoketa to the Ohnward Fine Arts Center to enjoy the Glenn Miller Orchestra. Come listen to the arrangements that made Glenn Miller so popular in his day, as well as some more modern selections played in the big-band style. Participants will dine at the Decker House before the show. Cost is $64 and includes bus, meal and show. Reservations are required. For more information, call Mercy Advantage office, (563) 244-3539.
• The Clinton County Historical Society will be hosting the society's Annual Meeting on March 25 at the Wild Rose Casino. The doors of the Oakwood Ballroom will open at noon and Sunday dinner will be served at 1 p.m. Entree choices are Pasta Primavera or Chicken Florentine. The cost is $12 per person and reservations are required. Speaker will be John Balheim from Ashford University. Call 242-1201 to reserve your seat and let the organizers know your choice of an entree. For further information, call the museum at 243-1201.
• YWCA: Practicing the Art of Compassion & Forgiveness. 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Tuition is $30. To register, call the YWCA at 242-2110.
• Come enjoy a day of wellness at the YWCA! All are invited to “Spring into Wellness” from 8 am. to noon at the YWCA-Clinton. The event is free to the community. “Spring into Wellness” participants will enjoy free “taster” fitness classes, with a new class starting every 45 minutes. Vendor booths will also be available to visit and the fitness center will be open with staff available to get visitors started with equipment. Stop by anytime from 8 a.m. to noon. For more information, call 242-2110, Ext. 300.
The Clinton County Republican Spring Event will be held Tuesday, April 3, beginning with a reception at 5:30 p.m. followed by a buffet dinner at 6:15. The event will be held at the Millennium Ballroom, 169 O'Brien St., Goose Lake. David Vaudt, Auditor, State of Iowa, will be the moderator for the 2nd District Congressional Candidates Forum. Tickets are $40 for adults and $20 for students. Tickets may be purchased from Clinton County Republican Elected Officials, Republican Candidates, or Central Committee Members, or you may call (563) 243-3255 or (563) 242-5669. 2012 Century Club members will receive their tickets in the mail prior to the event.
Have an event you want to include on this list? Email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org.