• The Clinton County Historical Society will host its annual soup and sandwich luncheon from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday. They will offer a variety of soups and sandwiches along with ice cream sundaes. The cost is $7 per person for adults and $4 for children 10 and younger. For more information, call the museum at 243-1201.
• Our Lady of the Prairie Retreat in Wheatland will host a Spring Come to the Quiet event from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday. This session is for participants to do as they please as spring begins. Cost is $20 and includes lunch. Kathleen Storms, SSND, is available for Spiritual Direction. Call (563) 374-1092 to set up an appointment. Visit www.chmiowa.org to learn more about Our Lady of the Prairie Retreat.
• The DeWitt Just Irish Enough and St. Baldrick’s fundraiser, an event dedicated to raising money for childhood cancer research, will host its second head-shaving event at the DeWitt Community Center and Lincoln Park on March 17. More than 130 people are expected to shave their heads. Attendees also will walk in solidarity with kids fighting cancer and raise money for children’s cancer research.
The event kicks off with an Irish-themed walking parade at noon at Lincoln Park and the DeWitt Community Center in DeWitt.
The head-shavings will commence at 1:30 p.m. The “Just Irish Enough” parade and St. Baldrick’s fundraiser will have food vendors, DJ, bag boards, bake sale, and activities for the kids. The public is encouraged to come dressed in their most festive Irishwear and kids are encouraged to decorate their bikes and scooters to participate in the walking parade. Event T-shirts are available for purchase with all proceeds benefiting the St Baldrick’s Foundation. For more information or to purchase an event T-shirt, call 249-3854 or email email@example.com.
• Grand View University Choir will perform at 7 p.m. March 17 at Zion Lutheran Church as part of its spring 2012 tour through Iowa, Nebraska, Missouri, and Minnesota. The concert will be free with a free-will offering being taken to defray costs.
The tour program consists of choral works from the 13th century. Specific composers on the program are Ludwig Senfl, Johannes Brahms, Knut Nystedt, Ola Gjeilo, Orlando Gibbons, David Childs, Alice Parker and more. The pieces will also represent a range of works including anthems, motets, spirituals and hymntune arrangements.
• A trivia contest will be held from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Saturday, March 17, at Prairie Ridge Golf Course, 903 W. Morris St. Teams of eight are invited to register for this fundraiser hosted by Friends of the Parks Foundation. Admission is $10 per person. People may enter as a single participant or partial team for $10 each. Doors open at 6 p.m. Registrations are due by March 12 at firstname.lastname@example.org and participants will receive a free answer. Players may also register at the door the night of the event.
Prairie Ridge’s taco buffet as well as snacks and beverages will be available for purchase. Prizes will be awarded to the top team. Teams are encouraged to bring their Smartphone for the lightening round. For more information, contact Barb Benson at email@example.com.
• The Clinton County Historical Society will present a St. Patrick's Day luncheon from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. March 17 at the museum. Corned beef, cabbage and potatoes, along with a variety of desserts will be offered. Cost is $6 per person. Reservations are required so call to reserve a seat at 242-1201 or stop in for a ticket by March 16. For this event, no tickets will be mailed. For more information, call the museum at 243-1201.
• Our Lady of the Prairie Retreat in Wheatland will host a Knit One, Pray Too event from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. March 21. Participants should bring size 11 or 13 knitting needles, three 6-ounce skeins of yarn or special project in progress. The event will include knitting and praying together. Cost of $20 includes lunch. Visit www.chmiowa.org to learn more.
• The second Martini Affair event is at Rastrelli’s in association with Big Brothers Big Sisters and Don’s Jewelry. The event will last from 5:30 to 9 p.m. at the Tuscany Special Events Center. Travis Hosette will perform. Ticket prices are $44.95 with $10 of each ticket to be donated to Big Brothers Big Sisters of Clinton. Each guest will receive six tickets to sample Pearl Vodka martinis. Tickets are available by calling Rastrelli’s at 242-7441 or Big Brothers Big Sisters at 243-4223.
• The Clinton County Historical Society will host the society's annual meeting on March 25 at the Wild Rose Casino and Resort. The doors of the Oakwood Ballroom will open at noon and dinner will be served at 1 p.m. Entree choices are Pasta Primavera or Chicken Florentine. The cost is $12 per person and reservations are required.
The afternoon includes an overview of the status of the historical society. Speaker will be John Balheim from Ashford University. Call 242-1201 to reserve a seat and let the organizers know your choice of an entree. For more information, call the museum at 243-1201
• YWCA: Practicing the Art of Compassion and Forgiveness will be held from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuition is $30. To register, call the YWCA at 242-2110.
Have an event you want to include on this list? Email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org.