CLINTON — Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today.
1. OBAMA TO PUSH NUCLEAR CUTS
A senior administration official says Obama will propose reduce the U.S. and Russian stockpiles by up to one-third at a speech in Berlin.
2. TALIBAN STRIKE ON US TROOPS AFTER PEACE TALK AGREEMENT
Afghanistan President Hamid Karzai also suspended talks with the U.S. on a new security deal in protest of the Taliban peace talks.
3. IMMIGRATION OVERHAUL SUPPORTERS TOUT BUDGET REPORT
The Congressional Budget Office says the overhaul could shrink the federal deficit by some $900 billion over two decades.
4. NSA OFFERS JUSTIFICATION FOR SPYING
Officials at a rare open hearing on intelligence say an attack on the New York Stock Exchange was foiled by the agency's surveillance programs.
5. INVESTORS SEEK ANSWERS FROM THE FED
They're looking for clarity from chairman Ben Bernanke today on whether long-term interest rates will be kept at record lows.
6. OHIO WOMAN SAYS SHE WAS ENSLAVED, MENACED BY SNAKES
Authorities charged three people with forced labor, but their attorneys say the mentally impaired woman is lying and was taken in as a favor.
7. CHRYSLER BACKTRACKS ON JEEP RECALL
The automaker abruptly agreed to recall 1.5 million Jeeps the government says can cause deadly fires.
8. WRITER ON AFGHAN GENERAL DIES IN CAR CRASH
Michael Hastings, whose report on Army Gen. Stanley McChrystal's criticism of the Obama administration led to the general's resignation, was 33.
9. HOW FATTENING IS A FRAPPUCCINO
Starbucks says it will post calorie counts for all its food and drinks nationwide next week.
10. HEAT STAY ALIVE
LeBron James scored 18 of his 32 points after the third quarter as Miami survived to defeat San Antonio 103-100 in overtime. Game 7 is Thursday night.