- National News
VIDEO: Northern California bus crash kills 10
At least nine people died in Northern California on Thursday night, in an accident involving a bus, a car and FedEx truck. The bus was filled with high school students from Southern California who were on their way to visit a college campus.
10 Things to Know for Today
Your daily look at late-breaking news, upcoming events and the stories that will be talked about today:
- Shoe thrown at Clinton during speech LAS VEGAS -- A woman was taken into federal custody Thursday after throwing a shoe at Hillary Clinton as the former Secretary of State began a Las Vegas convention keynote speech. The incident happened moments after Clinton took the stage before an I
- Bogus tax refunds a growing problem WASHINGTON, D.C. -- An Internet connection and a bunch of stolen identities are all it takes for crooks to collect billions of dollars in bogus federal tax refunds. And the scam is proving too pervasive to stop. A government report in November said t
- Judge says flashing headlights free speech GRANTS PASS, Ore. -- Hauling a truckload of logs to a Southern Oregon mill last fall, Chris Hill noticed a sheriff's deputy behind him and flashed his lights to warn a UPS driver coming the other way. The deputy pulled over Hill on U.S. Highway 140 i
Kathleen Sebelius resigning from top HHS post
Embattled Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius is resigning as the White House seeks to move past the election-year political damage inflicted by the rocky rollout of President Barack Obama's signature health care law.
Teens trading naked selfies for mugshots
Will teenagers ever learn? You think yours will. Maybe so. But it's likely that was also the hope of the parents of children who were so shamed by nude photos of themselves that went south - how else can they go - that they killed themselves.
Day care's cost can exceed college tuition in some states
Most parents will deal with an even larger kid-related expense long before college, and it's a cost that very few of them are as prepared for: day care.
Feds: Sinaloa cartel member cooperating with US
The U.S. Attorney's Office in Chicago says a high-ranking member of the Sinaloa cartel in Mexico pleaded guilty to drug trafficking a year ago and has been cooperating with authorities.
Documents unsealed Thursday show Jesus Vicente Zambada Niebla pleaded guilty in April 2013. A co-defendant is Joaquin Guzman Loera, also known as "El Chapo," who was arrested in February.
House passes Ryan budget with big cuts
The House has passed a GOP budget blueprint that promises a balanced federal ledger in 10 years through sweeping cuts across the federal budget and eliminating health care coverage under the Affordable Care Act.
The 219-205 vote on the nonbinding framework takes a mostly symbolic swipe at the government's chronic deficits. Follow-up legislation to actually implement the cuts isn't in the cards.
- More National News Headlines
- VIDEO: Northern California bus crash kills 10