JEFFERSON, Mo. —
Aug. 29, 1939 - Sept. 15, 2012
Judith Ann Hancock, 73, of Jefferson City, passed away Saturday, September 15, 2012, at St. Mary’s Health Center. She was born August 29, 1939, in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of Charles L. and Francis M. (Kandibowicz) Coleman. On May 11, 1962, in Galesburg, Illinois, she was united in marriage to Dr. Thomas J. Hancock, who preceded her in death on January 26, 2005.
Judy attended Longfellow Grade School and graduated in 1957 from Clinton High School in Clinton, Iowa, where she was a cheerleader, majorette, member of the student council, Gateway Classic Court and the debate team. She graduated in 1961 from St. Ambrose University, Division of Nursing with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing Education.
Judy served as a Nurse Educator at Moline Lutheran Hospital School of Nursing for three years followed by serving as a Nurse Educator on the faculty of Truman University, Kirksville, Missouri for four years. In 1968, she published a refresher course for nursing for Central Missouri.
She served as a Registered Nurse at the Hancock-Strong Family Clinic in Jefferson City, where she provided diet and nutrition education. She served as a Nurse Educator at Riverside Hospital in Jefferson City, where she managed the out-patient adult and geriatric psychiatric program and the in-patient adult psychiatric group.
Judy served as Director of Nursing at Beverly Health Care, Assistant Director of Nursing at Hillside Nursing Home and Meadowbrook Nursing Home. She served as Marketing Representative for St. Mary’s Occupational Medicine, Registered Nurse in Registration for St. Mary’s Health Center, and Nurse Educator at St. Mary’s Health & Resource Center in Jefferson City Capital Mall for 2 ½ years.
Judy co-chaired the Christmas Bazaar for Charles E. Still Hospital and served on their auxiliary. She served as the representative for Student of the Month and past president of the Jefferson City Council of Clubs.
Judy volunteered for the American Red Cross Blood Mobile, St. Mary’s Health Center Oncology meetings and St. Mary’s Foundation Golf Tournaments. She was also a supporter of St. Jude’s Children Hospital.
Judy was a life member of the St. Mary’s Health Center Auxiliary, Ticket Chairman of their Ice Cream Festival in 2005 and 2006, Chairman of the Ice Cream Festival in 2007 and President Elect for St. Mary’s Auxiliary in 2007.
Judy was a member of the Capitol Region Medical Center Board of Regents, a long-time volunteer on the Mid-Mo Heart Ball Committee, and was a member of the Circle of Red for the American Heart Association. She was a member of the Jefferson City Country Club since 1971. Judy was a member of the Cathedral of St. Joseph Catholic Church.
She is survived by one son, Kevin Hancock of Fairway, Kansas; one daughter, Michelle Gordon and husband David of Kansas City, Missouri; and three grandchildren: Meghan, Tom, and Anna Gordon. She was preceded in death by her husband, parents and two newborn sisters.
Judy loved spending time with her children and grandchildren, playing cards and Bunco with her friends and visiting the casinos. She never met a stranger and lived life to the fullest. She will be greatly missed by her family and friends.
Special thanks to all of Judy’s wonderful friends who helped her so greatly with everything the past few years. Also appreciated are the compassion, care, and concern shown to her by her doctors: Dr. Sema Ovais, Dr. James Tritz, Dr. Ali Khojastah, and Dr. Larry Lampton. Thanks also to the staff and physicians at St. Mary’s Health Center and the staff at Capitol Region Rehabilitation Center for the excellent care.
Family and friends will be received from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 18, 2012, at the Houser-Millard Funeral Home, where a prayer service will be held at 3:30 p.m. Mass of Christian Burial will be held at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, September 19, 2012, at the Cathedral of St. Joseph with Reverend Dylan Schrader officiating. Entombment will follow in Resurrection Cemetery Mausoleum. Expressions of sympathy may be made to the St. Mary’s Health Center Foundation, Jefferson City, Missouri. Arrangements are under the direction of HOUSER-MILLARD Funeral Directors, 2613 W. Main, Jefferson City, Missouri, (573) 636-3838. www.millardfamilychapels.com.
Death date: Sept. 15, 2012
JEFFERSON, Mo. —
Aug. 29, 1939 - Sept. 15, 2012
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt DEWITT -- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt, 85, of DeWitt, died Wednesday, December 4, 2013, at Mercy Hospital in Dubuque. Visitation will be at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, December 8, 2013 with a Knights of Columbus Rosary at 1 p
- Madonna M. Finch December 12, 1932-December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Madonna "Donna" M. Finch, 80, of Clinton and formerly of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Living Center South. Visitation will be held from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM Tuesday, December
- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Big Meadows Nursing Home, Savanna. A funeral service will be held noon, Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Law-Jones Funeral Home
- Robert E. Anderson PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Robert E. Anderson, 94, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, December 5, 2013, at CGH Medical Center, Sterling, Ill. The funeral will be at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013, at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church, preceded
- Donald Hamstra August 19, 1920- December 6, 2013 MORRISON, Ill. -- Donald Hamstra, 93, Resthave Nursing and Retirement Home, Morrison, died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Resthave Nursing and Retirement Home, Morrison. The funeral will be 2:00 P.M., Monday, December 9
- Leslie "Bud" Chandler August 29th, 1924 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Leslie "Bud" Chandler, 89, of Clinton, Iowa passed away peacefully at Mercy Medical Center - North on Dec. 5, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, December 9th at Lemke Funer
- More Obituaries Headlines