Oct. 5, 1940 - Sept. 16, 2012
Larry John Hasken, age 71, of Sabula, Iowa, died suddenly of natural causes at his shop near Miles, Iowa, Sunday, September 16, 2012.
Visitation will be held from 3 to 8 p.m. Wednesday, September 19, 2012, at the Miller-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Preston, Iowa. A private family burial will take place at St. Peter’s Cemetery in Sabula, Iowa. Memorials may be given in Larry’s memory for the Preston-Miles EMT’s, the Sabula EMT’s, or the Humane Society. Online condolences and tributes may be shared with the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Larry was born October 5, 1940, near Bellevue, Iowa, the son of John Lyle and Violet (Kuhl) Hasken. He attended Reeseville Country School and is a graduate of the Sabula High School with the class of 1958. On May 2, 1959, Larry married Saran Petesch. They have celebrated fifty-three years of marriage.
Larry worked as a yardmaster with the Chicago Northwestern Railroad and the Union Pacific Railroad for thirty-one years retiring in 2000. He also farmed crops and livestock till 1983. Larry enjoyed spending time at his shop, going to sales, his pet cats, and visiting with friends. He was an avid collector of trains and tractors.
Larry is survived by his wife, Sally, of Sabula; two sons, Michael (Joyce Wheeler) Hasken of Sabula and James (Lisa) Hasken of Clinton; a daughter, Michelle (Guy) Gravert of Pearl City, Illinois; nine grandchildren, Alisha, Jonathon, Matthew, Te’a Rae, William, Carly, Joseph, Austin, Tana; three great-grandchildren, Kaiden, Deevon, Kayliegh; a sister, Shirley (Chuck) Humphrey of Clinton, Iowa.
Larry is preceded in death by both parents and a sister, Bonnie Milder.
Death date: Sept. 16, 2012
Oct. 5, 1940 - Sept. 16, 2012
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- Louis K. Ronnfeldt Louis K. Ronnfeldt Sept. 11, 1940 - Dec. 7, 2013 CAMANCHE -- Louis K. Ronnfeldt, age 73, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, December 7, 2013 at his home. In following his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A gathering of family and friends w
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- More Obituaries Headlines