April 19, 1942 - Nov. 2, 2012
Robert L. “Bob” Voda, age 70, of Clinton, passed away Friday, November 2, 2012 at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton surrounded by his family.
Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2012 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be from 3 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 6th at the funeral home. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Casket bearers will be Jay Garvey, John Vance, Kenny Garvey, Brian Voda and Cody and Austin George. Honorary casket bearers will be Bob’s grandchildren.
Bob was born in Davenport on April 19, 1942, the son of Frank J. and Evelyn B. (Tinsley) Voda, Sr. He graduated from Clinton High School in 1960. Bob married Judy Dash on August 8, 1964 in Clinton. He had been employed with the City of Clinton and as a driver and delivery man with Wonder Bread, Elmwood Dairy, Tom’s Potato Chips and Hostess Cake. He was a member of the Clinton Church of Christ.
Bob is a member of the Iowa State Bowling Hall of Fame, the Clinton Bowling Association, where he had served on its Board of Directors and was a member of the Clinton Hall of Fame. He was very active in bowling and was known as the “Flying Bohemi” in his younger days. He was very proud of the fact he had bowled in 35 consecutive National Bowling Tournaments. He was a member of the championship team at the 1994 Iowa State Tournament and he and his team hold the high scratch series ever bowled in the Clinton City Tournament.
Bob is survived by his wife Judy; three daughters, Cindy (Jay) Garvey of Clinton, Diane (John) Vance of Bettendorf, and Vicki (Barry) Mann of Asheville, NC; seven grandchildren, Kenny and Taylor Garvey, Kayla and John Vance, Jr. and Casey, Kamryn and Brittney Mann; two brothers, Frank (Karen) Voda, Jr. and Richard (Sue) Voda both of Clinton; five brothers-in-law, Doug, Gary, Bob, Bruce, and David Dash and many nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents and grandparents.
Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
April 19, 1942 - Nov. 2, 2012
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- Lois Ruggeberg DeWitt Lois Ruggeberg Lois Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, died Tuesday at Eagle Point Nursing and Rehab Center in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Annalisa Lillian Green LAKE CARROLL, Ill. -- Annalisa Lillian Green, 93, of Lake Carroll, formerly of Chicago, died Thursday. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, May 10, at the Medinah, Ill., Country Club. De
- Helen J. Erps Camanche Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, died Monday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Richard G. Gifford Richard G. Gifford Oct. 17, 1931 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Richard G. Gifford, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Saturday, April 12, 2014 at his home in Clinton. There will no services or visitation per his wishes the body has been cremated. The Clinton
- Gilbert L. Stephenson DeWitt Gilbert L. Stephenson Gilbert L. Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. Gilbert L. Stephenson
- Furman C. Doty Furman C. Doty May 23, 1939 - April 12, 2014 CLINTON -- Furman C. Doty, 74, of Clinton, Iowa, died Saturday, April 12, 2014 at the University of Iowa. Memorial services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, April 17, 2014 at the Clinton Church of Chri
- Beverly Durkop Maquoketa Beverly Durkop Beverly Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- More Obituaries Headlines