April 19, 1942 - Nov. 2, 2012
Robert L. “Bob” Voda, age 70, of Clinton, passed away Friday, November 2, 2012 at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton surrounded by his family.
Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2012 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be from 3 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 6th at the funeral home. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Casket bearers will be Jay Garvey, John Vance, Kenny Garvey, Brian Voda and Cody and Austin George. Honorary casket bearers will be Bob’s grandchildren.
Bob was born in Davenport on April 19, 1942, the son of Frank J. and Evelyn B. (Tinsley) Voda, Sr. He graduated from Clinton High School in 1960. Bob married Judy Dash on August 8, 1964 in Clinton. He had been employed with the City of Clinton and as a driver and delivery man with Wonder Bread, Elmwood Dairy, Tom’s Potato Chips and Hostess Cake. He was a member of the Clinton Church of Christ.
Bob is a member of the Iowa State Bowling Hall of Fame, the Clinton Bowling Association, where he had served on its Board of Directors and was a member of the Clinton Hall of Fame. He was very active in bowling and was known as the “Flying Bohemi” in his younger days. He was very proud of the fact he had bowled in 35 consecutive National Bowling Tournaments. He was a member of the championship team at the 1994 Iowa State Tournament and he and his team hold the high scratch series ever bowled in the Clinton City Tournament.
Bob is survived by his wife Judy; three daughters, Cindy (Jay) Garvey of Clinton, Diane (John) Vance of Bettendorf, and Vicki (Barry) Mann of Asheville, NC; seven grandchildren, Kenny and Taylor Garvey, Kayla and John Vance, Jr. and Casey, Kamryn and Brittney Mann; two brothers, Frank (Karen) Voda, Jr. and Richard (Sue) Voda both of Clinton; five brothers-in-law, Doug, Gary, Bob, Bruce, and David Dash and many nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents and grandparents.
Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
April 19, 1942 - Nov. 2, 2012
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- More Obituaries Headlines