April 19, 1942 - Nov. 2, 2012
Robert L. “Bob” Voda, age 70, of Clinton, passed away Friday, November 2, 2012 at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton surrounded by his family.
Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2012 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be from 3 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 6th at the funeral home. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Casket bearers will be Jay Garvey, John Vance, Kenny Garvey, Brian Voda and Cody and Austin George. Honorary casket bearers will be Bob’s grandchildren.
Bob was born in Davenport on April 19, 1942, the son of Frank J. and Evelyn B. (Tinsley) Voda, Sr. He graduated from Clinton High School in 1960. Bob married Judy Dash on August 8, 1964 in Clinton. He had been employed with the City of Clinton and as a driver and delivery man with Wonder Bread, Elmwood Dairy, Tom’s Potato Chips and Hostess Cake. He was a member of the Clinton Church of Christ.
Bob is a member of the Iowa State Bowling Hall of Fame, the Clinton Bowling Association, where he had served on its Board of Directors and was a member of the Clinton Hall of Fame. He was very active in bowling and was known as the “Flying Bohemi” in his younger days. He was very proud of the fact he had bowled in 35 consecutive National Bowling Tournaments. He was a member of the championship team at the 1994 Iowa State Tournament and he and his team hold the high scratch series ever bowled in the Clinton City Tournament.
Bob is survived by his wife Judy; three daughters, Cindy (Jay) Garvey of Clinton, Diane (John) Vance of Bettendorf, and Vicki (Barry) Mann of Asheville, NC; seven grandchildren, Kenny and Taylor Garvey, Kayla and John Vance, Jr. and Casey, Kamryn and Brittney Mann; two brothers, Frank (Karen) Voda, Jr. and Richard (Sue) Voda both of Clinton; five brothers-in-law, Doug, Gary, Bob, Bruce, and David Dash and many nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents and grandparents.
Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
April 19, 1942 - Nov. 2, 2012
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jane B. Meyer CLINTON -- Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A gathering will be held from 1 to 2 p.m. Saturday at First Congregational Church. A memorial service will begin at 2 p.m. A complete obituary will appear in Thursda
- Janice 'Jan' Brondyke CLINTON -- Janice "Jan" Brondyke, 68, of Clinton, died March 28 in Kingwood, Texas. She will be cremated and her ashes spread on Galveston Beach, Texas. She is survived by her brother, Jim. Death date: March 28, 2014 Janice 'Jan' Brondyke
- Jane B. Meyer Clinton Jane B. Meyer Jane B. Meyer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Kenneth R. Buck MADISON, Wis. -- Kenneth R. Buck, 76, of Madison, and formerly of Mount Carroll, Ill., died Wednesday at home. A funeral service will be held at noon Saturday at Frank-Law-Jones Funeral Home in Mount Carroll. A visitation will be held from 10 a.m. to
- Eunice J. Leibert Eunice J. Leibert Dec. 4, 1931 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Eunice J. Leibert, age 82, of Clinton, died Monday April 21st at Trinity Regional Health System in Bettendorf. Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Thursday at the Pape Funeral Home. Visi
- Nancy L. Weed Clinton Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed, 69, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- More Obituaries Headlines