April 19, 1942 - Nov. 2, 2012
Robert L. “Bob” Voda, age 70, of Clinton, passed away Friday, November 2, 2012 at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton surrounded by his family.
Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2012 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be from 3 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 6th at the funeral home. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Casket bearers will be Jay Garvey, John Vance, Kenny Garvey, Brian Voda and Cody and Austin George. Honorary casket bearers will be Bob’s grandchildren.
Bob was born in Davenport on April 19, 1942, the son of Frank J. and Evelyn B. (Tinsley) Voda, Sr. He graduated from Clinton High School in 1960. Bob married Judy Dash on August 8, 1964 in Clinton. He had been employed with the City of Clinton and as a driver and delivery man with Wonder Bread, Elmwood Dairy, Tom’s Potato Chips and Hostess Cake. He was a member of the Clinton Church of Christ.
Bob is a member of the Iowa State Bowling Hall of Fame, the Clinton Bowling Association, where he had served on its Board of Directors and was a member of the Clinton Hall of Fame. He was very active in bowling and was known as the “Flying Bohemi” in his younger days. He was very proud of the fact he had bowled in 35 consecutive National Bowling Tournaments. He was a member of the championship team at the 1994 Iowa State Tournament and he and his team hold the high scratch series ever bowled in the Clinton City Tournament.
Bob is survived by his wife Judy; three daughters, Cindy (Jay) Garvey of Clinton, Diane (John) Vance of Bettendorf, and Vicki (Barry) Mann of Asheville, NC; seven grandchildren, Kenny and Taylor Garvey, Kayla and John Vance, Jr. and Casey, Kamryn and Brittney Mann; two brothers, Frank (Karen) Voda, Jr. and Richard (Sue) Voda both of Clinton; five brothers-in-law, Doug, Gary, Bob, Bruce, and David Dash and many nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents and grandparents.
Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
April 19, 1942 - Nov. 2, 2012
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt DEWITT -- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt, 85, of DeWitt, died Wednesday, December 4, 2013, at Mercy Hospital in Dubuque. Visitation will be at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, December 8, 2013 with a Knights of Columbus Rosary at 1 p
- Madonna M. Finch December 12, 1932-December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Madonna "Donna" M. Finch, 80, of Clinton and formerly of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Living Center South. Visitation will be held from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM Tuesday, December
- George A. Decker George A. Decker May 13, 1921 - Dec. 7, 2013 BETTENDORF -- Funeral services and a Mass of Christian Burial for George A. Decker, 92, a resident of Bettendorf, will be 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, 1506
- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Big Meadows Nursing Home, Savanna. A funeral service will be held noon, Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Law-Jones Funeral Home
- Robert E. Anderson PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Robert E. Anderson, 94, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, December 5, 2013, at CGH Medical Center, Sterling, Ill. The funeral will be at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013, at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church, preceded
- More Obituaries Headlines