April 19, 1942 - Nov. 2, 2012
Robert L. “Bob” Voda, age 70, of Clinton, passed away Friday, November 2, 2012 at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton surrounded by his family.
Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 7, 2012 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be from 3 to 8 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 6th at the funeral home. Burial will be in Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Casket bearers will be Jay Garvey, John Vance, Kenny Garvey, Brian Voda and Cody and Austin George. Honorary casket bearers will be Bob’s grandchildren.
Bob was born in Davenport on April 19, 1942, the son of Frank J. and Evelyn B. (Tinsley) Voda, Sr. He graduated from Clinton High School in 1960. Bob married Judy Dash on August 8, 1964 in Clinton. He had been employed with the City of Clinton and as a driver and delivery man with Wonder Bread, Elmwood Dairy, Tom’s Potato Chips and Hostess Cake. He was a member of the Clinton Church of Christ.
Bob is a member of the Iowa State Bowling Hall of Fame, the Clinton Bowling Association, where he had served on its Board of Directors and was a member of the Clinton Hall of Fame. He was very active in bowling and was known as the “Flying Bohemi” in his younger days. He was very proud of the fact he had bowled in 35 consecutive National Bowling Tournaments. He was a member of the championship team at the 1994 Iowa State Tournament and he and his team hold the high scratch series ever bowled in the Clinton City Tournament.
Bob is survived by his wife Judy; three daughters, Cindy (Jay) Garvey of Clinton, Diane (John) Vance of Bettendorf, and Vicki (Barry) Mann of Asheville, NC; seven grandchildren, Kenny and Taylor Garvey, Kayla and John Vance, Jr. and Casey, Kamryn and Brittney Mann; two brothers, Frank (Karen) Voda, Jr. and Richard (Sue) Voda both of Clinton; five brothers-in-law, Doug, Gary, Bob, Bruce, and David Dash and many nieces and nephews. He was preceded in death by his parents and grandparents.
Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
April 19, 1942 - Nov. 2, 2012
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller June 7, 1932 - March 7, 2014 BELLEVUE -- Lavonne "Tooty" Miller, 81, of Bellevue, Iowa, passed away Friday evening, March 7, 2014 at her home in Bellevue. A Celebration of Life Service will be held at 11:00 a.m., Tuesday morni
- Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Andrew Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Theresa M. Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Wilma J. Owen DEWITT -- Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A service of Christian burial will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Gra
- Jerry Marquez Jr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- Jerry Marquez Jr., 77, died last Wednesday in Savanna. Burial will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Rock Island National Cemetery in Rock Island, Ill. Visitation will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Sava
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
- More Obituaries Headlines