1915 - 2012
Lucille K. McGonegle, 97, of Clinton, passed away peacefully at the Alverno on August 15, 2012.
A Mass of Christian burial will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, August 20, at the Jesus Christ Prince of Peace Church, Clinton, Iowa. A visitation will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. on Sunday, August 19, at Lemke Funeral Homes, South Chapel, just west of Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Burial will take place at St. Mary's Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Lucille was born in 1915 in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of William R. and Mary J. McGonegle. Lucille attended St. Mary’s grade and high school graduating in 1933. She received her associate degree from Mount St. Claire College. She managed Greenfield’s Millinery department for several years and later received her B.A. in education from Iowa State Teacher’s College and taught second grade at Longfellow School for thirteen years. Lucille received a Master’s degree in remedial reading from Cardinal Stritch college in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. She finished her career for the Clinton School District as a remedial reading specialist and retired in 1982.
Lucille was active in the National Education System and Delta Kappa Gamma Society serving as treasurer, vice president and president at various times.
Lucille was a lifetime and active member of St. Mary’s Catholic Church, now Prince of Peace.
She is survived by her two nieces, Wynne Ann (James) Ehrhart of Clinton, Iowa, and Patricia (Hank) Van Veen of Green Valley, Arizona; and several great-nieces and nephews.
Memorials preferred to the Alverno.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: Aug. 15, 2012
1915 - 2012
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- Robert Hammer ClintonRobert HammerRobert Hammer, 84, of Clinton died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home.
- Wilma C. Kimball Wilma C. KimballNov. 4, 1917 - July 26, 2014CAMANCHE — Wilma C. Kimball, age 96, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. There will be no visitation. Graveside services will be held at 6:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Jul
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines