Helen M. Weber
Jan. 24, 1932-Aug. 19, 2012
SABULA — Helen M. Weber, age 80, of Sabula, passed away Sunday, August 19, 2012, at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna.
Funeral services will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, August 22, at the Calvary Lutheran Church in Sabula. Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton and from 9:30 a.m. until the service time Wednesday at the church. Cremation rites will follow the services with burial at a later date in Oakland Cemetery, Clinton.
Helen was born in Clinton on January 24, 1932, the daughter of Carl and Matie (Behr) Liebig. She graduated from Sabula High School. Helen married Robert (Bob) Weber on July 18, 1952 in Sabula. She had been employed at the Savanna Army Depot and later with Swiss Colony in Savanna. Helen was a member of the Calvary Lutheran Church. She enjoyed playing Bingo, puzzle books and especially traveling.
Helen is survived by her husband, Bob; four daughters, Sue (Doug) Petersen of Thomson, Barbara (Jerry) Brandenburg of Clinton, Diane Weber (David McGinnis) of Clinton and Sandra (Dennis) Kyarsgaard of Clinton; seven grandchildren, Angela Spittler, Adam (Christine) Leslie, Dennis Kyarsgaard Jr., Jesse Kyarsgaard, Jason Brandenburg and Elizabeth Brandenburg and John Petersen; four great-grandchildren; a sister, Elsie Springer of Maquoketa; two brothers, Paul (Joan) Liebig of Springfield, IL, and Carl (Jean) Liebig of Tacoma, WA; and special friends, Carolyn and Bud Skidmore of Dejon, MO.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother, Ronald.
Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Aug. 19, 2012
Helen M. Weber
- Justin G. Curtin PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Justin G. Curtin, 30, of Prophetstown, died Monday at home. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at the Bosma-Gibson Funeral Home
- Martha Belle Rhode SAVANNA, Ill. -- Martha Belle Rhode, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing facility in Savanna. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at the United Methodist Church in Savanna, with the Rev. Sejoon Jang officiating. Memorial
- Sheila A. Jones Sheila A. Jones Aug. 4, 1963 - Dec. 11, 2013 CLINTON -- Sheila A. Jones, age 50, of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton. A gathering of family and friends will be held from 12:00 noon until 2:00 p
- Lillyawana Sky Volker IOWA CITY -- Infant Lillyawana Sky Volker passed away with the assured comfort of her loving parents at her side on December 6th, 2013 at the University of Iowa Hospitals. Lillyawana was born November 19th, 2013 in Iowa City, Iowa, the daughter of J
- Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Aug. 11, 1939 - Dec. 10, 2013 CLINTON -- Elizabeth "Betty" E. Grossman, 74, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at the University of Iowa Hospitals on December 10th, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Frid
- Martha Belle Rhoden Savanna, Ill. Martha Belle Rhoden Martha Belle Rhoden, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. Arrangements are pending at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna.
- Donald E. Ludvigsen Donald E. Ludvigsen Dec. 5, 1930 - Dec. 9, 2013 CLINTON -- Donald E. Ludvigsen, age 83, of Clinton, died Monday Dec. 9, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. There will be no visitation or funeral services held; cremation rites have been accorded. The
- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis MILES -- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis, 84, died Monday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Preston. A visitation will be held prior to the service from 10 to 11 a.m. a
- LaVerne A. Reckinger Sr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- LaVerne A. Reckinger, Sr., 86, of Savanna, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna. Burial will take place in Marywood Catholic
- Marian Rose Marian Rose April 7, 1919 - Dec. 9, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Marian Rose, 94, of Fulton, died Monday, December 9, 2013, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, IL. Funeral service is at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 12, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma
- More Obituaries Headlines