BUFORD, Ga. —
June 13, 1950 - June 27, 2012
Steven Arthur LaCourse, 62, passed away at his home in Buford, GA, on Wednesday, June 27, 2012. A Mass will be held in his honor on July 21, 2012 at 5:30 p.m. at Prince of Peace Catholic Church in Clinton. Memorials can be made to Alzheimer’s Association or Wounded Warriors Fund.
Steve was born June 13, 1950 in Clinton, IA, to Eleanor and Lawrence LaCourse. He graduated in 1968 from Clinton High School. He served in the U.S. Army from 1969-1971 and received the Purple Heart for his wounds in Vietnam War. He worked for Alliant Energy as Line Foreman.
Steve married Julee Roth on May 1, 1971, and had a passion for life. He was an avid fisherman, hunter, and card player. His greatest thrill was riding his Harley and his favorite story to tell was his last softball game that he got to play was with his sons, where they got up and hit back-to-back “LaCourse” homeruns. Steve spent his last years enjoying watching the hummingbirds on the deck with his grandchildren and watching TV with his dog Deziel.
Survivors include his wife Julie; son, Brian (Jamie); grandson, Brody Kevin (Sarah); grandchildren Brooklyn and Cash all of Buford, GA; siblings, Gary of New Mexico, Sandra Fredericks of Florida, Carol Hughes (Joe), Barbara Wardell (Chuck), Paula Keely (Kevin), Sydney (Kurtz), Michelle LaCourse all of Iowa.
Siblings are Mike Roth (Phyllis) of Minneapolis, Beth Roth, Jeff Roth (Jane), Matt Roth (Lisa) all of Iowa, and numerous nieces, nephews, aunts and uncles that were dear to his heart.
Steve was proceeded in death by his parents, Phyllis & Ken Roth (wife’s parents), and Paul and Christy Roth.
Death date: June 27, 2012
BUFORD, Ga. —
June 13, 1950 - June 27, 2012
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller June 7, 1932 - March 7, 2014 BELLEVUE -- Lavonne "Tooty" Miller, 81, of Bellevue, Iowa, passed away Friday evening, March 7, 2014 at her home in Bellevue. A Celebration of Life Service will be held at 11:00 a.m., Tuesday morni
- Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Andrew Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Theresa M. Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Wilma J. Owen DEWITT -- Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A service of Christian burial will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Gra
- Jerry Marquez Jr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- Jerry Marquez Jr., 77, died last Wednesday in Savanna. Burial will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Rock Island National Cemetery in Rock Island, Ill. Visitation will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Sava
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
- More Obituaries Headlines