BUFORD, Ga. —
June 13, 1950 - June 27, 2012
Steven Arthur LaCourse, 62, passed away at his home in Buford, GA, on Wednesday, June 27, 2012. A Mass will be held in his honor on July 21, 2012 at 5:30 p.m. at Prince of Peace Catholic Church in Clinton. Memorials can be made to Alzheimer’s Association or Wounded Warriors Fund.
Steve was born June 13, 1950 in Clinton, IA, to Eleanor and Lawrence LaCourse. He graduated in 1968 from Clinton High School. He served in the U.S. Army from 1969-1971 and received the Purple Heart for his wounds in Vietnam War. He worked for Alliant Energy as Line Foreman.
Steve married Julee Roth on May 1, 1971, and had a passion for life. He was an avid fisherman, hunter, and card player. His greatest thrill was riding his Harley and his favorite story to tell was his last softball game that he got to play was with his sons, where they got up and hit back-to-back “LaCourse” homeruns. Steve spent his last years enjoying watching the hummingbirds on the deck with his grandchildren and watching TV with his dog Deziel.
Survivors include his wife Julie; son, Brian (Jamie); grandson, Brody Kevin (Sarah); grandchildren Brooklyn and Cash all of Buford, GA; siblings, Gary of New Mexico, Sandra Fredericks of Florida, Carol Hughes (Joe), Barbara Wardell (Chuck), Paula Keely (Kevin), Sydney (Kurtz), Michelle LaCourse all of Iowa.
Siblings are Mike Roth (Phyllis) of Minneapolis, Beth Roth, Jeff Roth (Jane), Matt Roth (Lisa) all of Iowa, and numerous nieces, nephews, aunts and uncles that were dear to his heart.
Steve was proceeded in death by his parents, Phyllis & Ken Roth (wife’s parents), and Paul and Christy Roth.
Death date: June 27, 2012
BUFORD, Ga. —
June 13, 1950 - June 27, 2012
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- Lois I. Ruggeberg Lois I. Ruggeberg Feb. 22, 1919 - April 15, 2014 DEWITT -- Lois I. (Mrs. Harold) Ruggeberg, 95, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Tuesday evening, April 15, 2014, at Eagle Point Health & Rehab Center, Clinton, Iowa. Mrs. Ruggeberg, the former Lois Irene Allison,
- Charlotte Howard Clinton Charlotte Howard Charlotte Howard, 63, of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Alverno. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Bev Durkop MAQUOKETA -- Bev Durkop, 70, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be he
- Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Marvin 'Bump' Kosin Jr. Oct. 29, 1950 - April 16, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Marvin "Bump" Kosin, Jr, 63, of Fulton, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa. Funeral services will be 10:00 a.m., Satur
- Jayne Ann Bowen MAQUOKETA -- Jayne Ann Bowen, 64, of Maquoketa, died Monday at home. A celebration of her life will be held at 10 a.m. Thursday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. today at the funeral home.
- Helen J. Erps Helen J. Erps Sept. 7, 1928 - April 14, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Helen J. Erps, 85, of Camanche, passed away, Monday, April 14, 2014 at the Alverno. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, April 19, 2014 at the Immanuel Lutheran Church - Camanche. Buri
- Gilbert L. 'Steve' Stephenson DEWITT -- Gilbert L. "Steve" Stephenson, 81, of DeWitt, died Monday at Clarissa C. Cook Hospice House in Bettendorf. A visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Sat
- More Obituaries Headlines