IOWA CITY —
May 27, 1948 - Oct. 6, 2012
Jimmy “JJ” Burkhart, 64, found peace Saturday, October 6, following a valiant fight with cancer.
Funeral services will be at 10 a.m. Thursday, October 11, 2012, at Lensing Funeral and Cremation Service, Iowa City, with the Rev. Mike Nelson officiating. Visitation will be Wednesday from 3 to 7 p.m. at the funeral home. Burial will be at Memory Gardens Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be directed to Iowa City Hospice.
Jimmy was born May 27, 1948, in Niles, Michigan, the son of Robert and Opal Kauffman Burkhart. He was a 1966 graduate of City High School. Following a 19-year engagement, he married Barb “Bubba” Lee on December 24, 1996, in St. Petersburg, Florida.
Jimmy spent his entire career in the Floor Covering business. He owned and operated Burkhart Flooring for many years and in 2007, he and Todd Zeman established Hawkeye Carpet and Vinyl.
Jimmy had a great sense of humor and sarcasm. He was down to earth and easy going, but liked order in his life. Most important was his love of family, friends and his dogs, Petey and Freddie Mae. He enjoyed his time at Plamor Lanes, Blackstone, golfing, gambling (especially his trips to Tunica), listening to the music of “Meatloaf” and watching the Iowa Hawkeyes. Throughout his illness Jimmy was a true warrior.
Survivors his beloved wife and friend, Barb “Bubba”; his three children and seven grandchildren, Todd (Carmen) Hesseltine of Cedar Rapids and their son, Jackson, Jennie (Mark) Evans of Iowa City and their children, Andrew, Maeghan, Colin and Owen, and Casey (Nicki) Hesseltine of Rochester, Iowa and their children Mitchell and Kylie; his sister, Sandi (Rick) Gustafson of Clinton and his brother, Steve (Adrie) Burkhart of San Jose; in laws, Steve (Sandy) Lee of Solon; nieces and nephews. Daniel (Jamee), Amanda, (Dan), Addie (Pepe), Jesse, Scott(Becky) and Jennifer; his former spouse, Ruth Hesseltine of Iowa City; and many special friends. He will be greatly missed by all.
Jimmy was preceded in death by his parents and his beloved dogs.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.lensingfuneral.com.
Death date: Oct. 6, 2012
IOWA CITY —
May 27, 1948 - Oct. 6, 2012
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen, age 72 of Belmont, CA formerly of San Francisco, CA died February 28, 2014. Per his wishes he was cremated. A memorial service will be April 4, 2014 and his ashes will be scattered in San Francisco Bay.
Mary Ann "Ma" Finn
Formerly of Fulton, IL, Ann was born in Glasgow, Scotland, & immigrated to America with her family. She worked at A.C. Neilsen Co. & Eagles Grocery Store.
- Wilma Reichling MAQUOKETA -- Wilma Reichling, 90, of Maquoketa, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Clover Ridge in Maquoketa. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Vi
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Clinton Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jackson Rhys Laurion CLINTON -- Jackson Rhys Laurion, infant son of Levi and Jessica Laurion, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation wil
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Patricia Ann Fairbanks