Feb. 10, 1939 - Oct. 16, 2012
Shirley J. Mohr, age 73, of Charlotte, IA passed away Tuesday Oct. 16, 2012 at her home.
Funeral services will be held 11:00 a.m. Saturday Oct. 20th at Immanuel Lutheran Church in Charlotte. Visitation will be held 4 – 7 p.m. Friday at the Pape Funeral Home. Following the funeral service, cremation rites will be accorded. Memorials may be given to American Cancer Research or Jackson County Hospice. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com
Shirley was born on Feb. 10, 1939 in Clinton, the daughter of Marvin and Anna (Andersen) Jensen.
She graduated from Charlotte High School in 1957. She married David Mohr on Aug. 3, 1963 in Elvira, IA. She was a homemaker and had worked at Clean Towel Services in Clinton and the Charlotte Locker for many years. She also enjoyed babysitting her grandchildren. She was a member of Immanuel Lutheran Church in Charlotte.
She enjoyed reading, going for walks, taking pictures, and spending time with her family.
Shirley is survived by her husband, David of Charlotte; two daughters, Deb McEntarfer and Dawn Mohr both of Charlotte; two grandchildren, David and Andrea Smith; two great-granddaughters, Arianna and Aubry; a brother, Marvin Jensen of Andover; and several nieces, nephews, and cousins.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a son, Rickey, two sisters, and a brother.
Death date: Oct. 16, 2012
Feb. 10, 1939 - Oct. 16, 2012
- Nora Glazier Lyndon, Ill. Nora Glazier Nora Glazier, 81, of Prophetstown, Ill. and formerly of Lyndon, died Tuesday, at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, Ill. Arrangements are pending with the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss April 22, 1938 - Dec. 4, 2013 CLINTON -- Geraldine "Gerry" M. Voss, 75, of Clinton, passed away on Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center - North Campus, Clinton. A Funeral Mass will be 1:00 p.m., Saturday, Dec
- Carl Huffman MAQUOKETA -- Carl Huffman, 75, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday, at his home in Maquoketa. A celebration of Carl's life will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. on Fri
- Mary Anne Knox Mary Anne Knox May 26, 1928 - Dec. 2, 2013 CLINTON -- Mary Anne Knox, 85, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away peacefully at the Alverno on December 2, 2013. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, December 7 at the Greater True Love Baptis
- Dorothy M. Schaver Dorothy M. Schaver Oct. 4, 1927 - Dec. 3, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Dorothy M. Schaver, 86, of Fulton, died Tuesday, December 3, 2013, at her home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, December 7, 2013, at the Trinity Reformed Church i
- Glen Whiting Glen Whiting Aug. 17, 1931 - Dec. 2, 2013 THOMSON, Ill. -- Glen Whiting lived his life to care for his family, friends and country. He put them first, adhereing to the motto of his 2nd Infantry Battalion in Korea, "Second to None". At the age of 82,
- Zachary 'Zac' T. Isenhart CHADWICK, Ill. -- Zachary "Zac" T. Isenhart, 25, of Chadwick, died Tuesday, Nov. 26, at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. A celebration of life gathering will be held from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m., Saturday, December 7, 2013 at the C
- Mickey Joe Hahn Mickey Joe Hahn April 16, 1950 - Dec. 2, 2013 MORRISON, Ill. - Mickey Joe Hahn, 63 of Morrison died Monday December 2, 2013 at Morrison Community Hospital. He was born on April 16, 1950 in Sterling, the son of Leonard and Mary (Miller) Hahn and was
- Jeane A. Housenga Jeane A. Housenga Dec. 20, 1935 - Nov. 23, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Jeane A. Housenga, 77, of Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, died Saturday, Nov. 23, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home. Cremation rites have been accorded. A memorial service will be held
- Carl Huffman Maquoketa Carl Huffman Carl Huffman, 75, of Maqoketa, died Tuesday, at his home in Maquoketa. Further arrangements are pending with the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- More Obituaries Headlines