Nov. 27, 1922-Oct. 20, 2012
Edward C. “Eddie” Horst, age 89, of Clinton, passed away Saturday, October 20, 2012, at his home.
Funeral services will be held at noon on Thursday, October 25, 2012, at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Wednesday, October 24, at the funeral home. Burial will be in St. Irenaeus Calvary Cemetery.
Eddie was born in Clinton on November 27, 1922, the son of Ernest and Anna (Rehmann) Horst.
He served with the U.S. Army in World War II in the South Pacific. Eddie married Stella Braun on March 31, 1951, at St. Irenaeus Church in Clinton. He was a tool and die marker at General Electric in Morrison for 32 years. Prior to G.E., Eddie had worked for the Clinton Lock Shop and Patent Novelty in Fulton. Eddie was a member of the Knights of Columbus and the former St. Irenaeus Church. He enjoyed wood working.
Eddie is survived by his wife, Stella; two sons, Donald (Joy) Horst and Thomas Horst (Sally Rice), both of Clinton; two granddaughters, Antje Horst of Ames, and Mollie Horst, a student at the University of Missouri; and several nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his parents, four brothers and four sisters. Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Oct. 20, 2012
Nov. 27, 1922-Oct. 20, 2012
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- More Obituaries Headlines