July 19, 1926 - July 24, 2012
Louis Riojas, 86, of Clinton, passed away peacefully at the Alverno on July 24, 2012.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Friday, July 27, at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton, Iowa. A visitation will take place from 4 to 8 p.m. on Thursday, July 26, at the Church of the Open Door. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Louis was born on July 19, 1926, in McAllen, Texas, the son of Louis and Eutimia (Salas) Riojas. He graduated from McAllen High School, Texas. Louis served his Country for six years in the U.S. Army; a veteran of World War II and service in the Pacific theater. On July 24, 1953, he married Christine Saenz in McAllen, Texas; just recently celebrating 59 years of marriage.
Louis was employed with Northwestern Steel, as a security guard and union president. He retired from Northwestern Steel in 1992 after 20+ years. He was a member of the VFW and also a faithful member of the Church of the Open Door. Louis loved God, loved his family and was a beloved husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather. He spent his last few years reading God’s word and spending time with his family. He will be deeply missed.
A special thank you to all of the nurses and the entire staff at the Alverno Nursing Home.
Louis is survived his wife, Christine, of Clinton; two daughters, Linda (John) Kugler of La Crosse, WI, and Diana (Brian) McGrath of La Crosse, WI; six sons, Steven (Sue) Riojas of Clinton, IA, David (Kelly) Riojas of Plainfield, IL, Richard (Becky) Riojas of Dixon, IL, Michael Riojas of Clinton, IA, Luis Riojas of Bettendorf, IA, Gabriel (Tamara) Riojas of Clinton, IA; many grandchildren and great-grandchildren; one sister and one brother both in Texas.
He was preceded in death by his parents, three sisters and three brothers.
Memorials can be made to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: July 24, 2012
July 19, 1926 - July 24, 2012
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller Lavonne 'Tooty' Miller June 7, 1932 - March 7, 2014 BELLEVUE -- Lavonne "Tooty" Miller, 81, of Bellevue, Iowa, passed away Friday evening, March 7, 2014 at her home in Bellevue. A Celebration of Life Service will be held at 11:00 a.m., Tuesday morni
- Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Andrew Theresa M. Blake-Johnson Theresa M. Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Wilma J. Owen DEWITT -- Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Visitation will be held from 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesday at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A service of Christian burial will be held at 2 p.m. Wednesday at Gra
- Jerry Marquez Jr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- Jerry Marquez Jr., 77, died last Wednesday in Savanna. Burial will be at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday at the Rock Island National Cemetery in Rock Island, Ill. Visitation will be held from 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Sava
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
- More Obituaries Headlines