July 19, 1926 - July 24, 2012
Louis Riojas, 86, of Clinton, passed away peacefully at the Alverno on July 24, 2012.
Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. on Friday, July 27, at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton, Iowa. A visitation will take place from 4 to 8 p.m. on Thursday, July 26, at the Church of the Open Door. Burial will take place at Clinton Lawn Cemetery. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Louis was born on July 19, 1926, in McAllen, Texas, the son of Louis and Eutimia (Salas) Riojas. He graduated from McAllen High School, Texas. Louis served his Country for six years in the U.S. Army; a veteran of World War II and service in the Pacific theater. On July 24, 1953, he married Christine Saenz in McAllen, Texas; just recently celebrating 59 years of marriage.
Louis was employed with Northwestern Steel, as a security guard and union president. He retired from Northwestern Steel in 1992 after 20+ years. He was a member of the VFW and also a faithful member of the Church of the Open Door. Louis loved God, loved his family and was a beloved husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather. He spent his last few years reading God’s word and spending time with his family. He will be deeply missed.
A special thank you to all of the nurses and the entire staff at the Alverno Nursing Home.
Louis is survived his wife, Christine, of Clinton; two daughters, Linda (John) Kugler of La Crosse, WI, and Diana (Brian) McGrath of La Crosse, WI; six sons, Steven (Sue) Riojas of Clinton, IA, David (Kelly) Riojas of Plainfield, IL, Richard (Becky) Riojas of Dixon, IL, Michael Riojas of Clinton, IA, Luis Riojas of Bettendorf, IA, Gabriel (Tamara) Riojas of Clinton, IA; many grandchildren and great-grandchildren; one sister and one brother both in Texas.
He was preceded in death by his parents, three sisters and three brothers.
Memorials can be made to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death date: July 24, 2012
July 19, 1926 - July 24, 2012
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- Sharon Darlene Hayes CALAMUS — Sharon Darlene Hayes, 69, of Calamus, died Saturday at Wheatland Manor.The family will greet visitors from 9 to 10:15 a.m. Tuesday at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus. A memorial service will follow at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. The
- Joseph F. Clancy Cedar RapidsJoseph F. ClancyJoseph F. Clancy, 46, of Cedar Rapids and formerly of Clinton, died Sunday at his mother’s home in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home in Clinton.
- More Obituaries Headlines