April 3, 1951 - Sept. 26, 2012
Marlene Marie Holle, 61, of Clinton passed way at the Eagle Point Nursing Home and Rehab Center on September 26th, 2012.
The funeral service will be held at 7 p.m. on Monday, October 1st, at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (west side of Clinton Lawn Cemetery). A visitation will take place 3 hours prior to the funeral service from 4 to 7 p.m. on Monday, October 1st, at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel. Honoring Marlene's wishes, cremation rights will be accorded. Lemke Funeral Homes is assisting the family with arrangements.
Marlene was born on April 3, 1951, in Marshalltown, Iowa, to Donna Jacques and later adopted by Robert and Gladys (Johannson) Holle who gave her a loving home. She was baptized at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Clinton. Marlene was a 1969 graduate of Clinton High School.
Over the years Marlene co-owned and operated the Clinton Downtown Shell; she also worked at GE, Nielsen's, Allied Business and Farm & Fleet while raising her family. She enjoyed spending time with her family, knitting, concerts, modeling, car shows and horseback riding. She also had a special place in her heart for her animals. Additionally, Marlene rescued and adopted many animals over the years.
Marlene is survived her Aunt Darlene Spears, biological mother Donna Lathrop, two sons Mark Petersen (Tricia) and Troy Lohberg. Her grandchildren Tyler, McKenzie and Nicolas Petersen and Brittany, Chase, Cailyn and Riley Lohberg. Her siblings Diana Hart, David and Deborah Fisher, many cousins, nieces, nephews and her beloved pets Maggie, Snoopy, Simone and Z.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
In lieu of flowers, memorials can be made to the family.
Online condolences can be left at www.lemkefuneralhomes.com.
Death Date: Sept. 26, 2012
April 3, 1951 - Sept. 26, 2012
- Justin G. Curtin PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Justin G. Curtin, 30, of Prophetstown, died Monday at home. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church. Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday at the Bosma-Gibson Funeral Home
- Martha Belle Rhode SAVANNA, Ill. -- Martha Belle Rhode, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing facility in Savanna. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at the United Methodist Church in Savanna, with the Rev. Sejoon Jang officiating. Memorial
- Sheila A. Jones Sheila A. Jones Aug. 4, 1963 - Dec. 11, 2013 CLINTON -- Sheila A. Jones, age 50, of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton. A gathering of family and friends will be held from 12:00 noon until 2:00 p
- Lillyawana Sky Volker IOWA CITY -- Infant Lillyawana Sky Volker passed away with the assured comfort of her loving parents at her side on December 6th, 2013 at the University of Iowa Hospitals. Lillyawana was born November 19th, 2013 in Iowa City, Iowa, the daughter of J
- Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Elizabeth 'Betty' E. Grossman Aug. 11, 1939 - Dec. 10, 2013 CLINTON -- Elizabeth "Betty" E. Grossman, 74, of Clinton, Iowa passed away at the University of Iowa Hospitals on December 10th, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Frid
- Martha Belle Rhoden Savanna, Ill. Martha Belle Rhoden Martha Belle Rhoden, 96, of Savanna, died Tuesday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. Arrangements are pending at the Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna.
- Donald E. Ludvigsen Donald E. Ludvigsen Dec. 5, 1930 - Dec. 9, 2013 CLINTON -- Donald E. Ludvigsen, age 83, of Clinton, died Monday Dec. 9, 2013 at Mercy North Medical Center. There will be no visitation or funeral services held; cremation rites have been accorded. The
- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis MILES -- Joyce Jean Rohweder Weis, 84, died Monday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton. A funeral service will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at St. John's Lutheran Church in Preston. A visitation will be held prior to the service from 10 to 11 a.m. a
- LaVerne A. Reckinger Sr. SAVANNA, Ill. -- LaVerne A. Reckinger, Sr., 86, of Savanna, died Monday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. A funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna. Burial will take place in Marywood Catholic
- Marian Rose Marian Rose April 7, 1919 - Dec. 9, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- Marian Rose, 94, of Fulton, died Monday, December 9, 2013, at Harbor Crest Nursing Home in Fulton, IL. Funeral service is at 2 p.m. Thursday, December 12, 2013 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma
- More Obituaries Headlines