Aug. 28, 1918 - Sept. 27, 2012
Lloyd S. Clark, age 94, of Clinton, passed away Thursday, September 27, 2012 at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton.
A gathering of family and friends will be from 11:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. Monday, October 1, 2012 at the Pape Funeral Home. A Memorial Service, conducted by Pastor Dennis Glew, will begin at 1:00 p.m. Burial will be in Springdale Cemetery.
Lloyd was born in Camanche on August 28, 1918, the son of Floyd and Eva (Flack) Clark. He married Lois Burmeister on May 26, 1941 in Clinton. Lois passed away on December 19, 1985. Lloyd served in the U.S. Army with the 162nd Infantry, 41st Division during W.W.II.
He received the Purple Heart for wounds received in the battle for Mindanao in the Philippines. Lloyd was employed at Curtis Company and later at International Paper, from where he retired.
He was a member of the AMVETS, American Legion and the Loyal Order of Moose. He enjoyed fishing, gardening, woodworking, visiting the casino and following the Chicago Cubs and Iowa Hawkeyes.
Lloyd is survived by five children; Darrell (Barbara) Clark of Houston, Pamela (Dick) Reynolds of Clinton, Steven (Lisa) Clark of LaMotte, Iowa, Lori (Tom) Guilliams of Clinton and Susan (John) Hanline of Van Buren, Michigan; 20 grandchildren; 26 great grandchildren and one great-great granddaughter.
He was preceded in death by his parents, his wife, a daughter, Cynthia, one brother and two sisters. Memorials may be made to Disabled American Vets.
Online condolences may be left at www.papefh.com.
Death date: Sept. 27, 2012
Aug. 28, 1918 - Sept. 27, 2012
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt DEWITT -- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt, 85, of DeWitt, died Wednesday, December 4, 2013, at Mercy Hospital in Dubuque. Visitation will be at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, December 8, 2013 with a Knights of Columbus Rosary at 1 p
- Madonna M. Finch December 12, 1932-December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Madonna "Donna" M. Finch, 80, of Clinton and formerly of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Living Center South. Visitation will be held from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM Tuesday, December
- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Big Meadows Nursing Home, Savanna. A funeral service will be held noon, Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Law-Jones Funeral Home
- Robert E. Anderson PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Robert E. Anderson, 94, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, December 5, 2013, at CGH Medical Center, Sterling, Ill. The funeral will be at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013, at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church, preceded
- Donald Hamstra August 19, 1920- December 6, 2013 MORRISON, Ill. -- Donald Hamstra, 93, Resthave Nursing and Retirement Home, Morrison, died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Resthave Nursing and Retirement Home, Morrison. The funeral will be 2:00 P.M., Monday, December 9
- Leslie "Bud" Chandler August 29th, 1924 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Leslie "Bud" Chandler, 89, of Clinton, Iowa passed away peacefully at Mercy Medical Center - North on Dec. 5, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, December 9th at Lemke Funer
- More Obituaries Headlines