SAVANNA, Ill. —
June 23, 1933 - Dec. 27, 2012
Mary Lou Belander, age 79, of Savanna, passed into eternity Thursday, December 27, 2012, at the Good Samaritan Nursing Home, Mount Carroll, Illinois.
A funeral service will be held 10:30 a.m. Monday, December 31, 2012, at the First United Methodist Church, Savanna, with the Reverend Sejoon Jang officiating. Burial will be in the Savanna Township Cemetery. Visitation will be held from 3 to 7 p.m. Sunday, December 30, 2012, at the First United Methodist Church, Savanna. Memorials may be given in Mary's memory to the Savanna First United Methodist Church. Condolences and tributes may be shared with the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Mary was born June 23, 1933, in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of John and Bernice (Gundelfinger) Snodgrass. She attended Clinton schools. On June 19, 1951, Mary married Charles Belander Jr. in Little Rock, Arkansas. He passed into eternity on February 7, 1986. Mary and Charles are survived by nine children who remember well the younger years of camping, fishing and bike riding with Mom and Dad. Mary was a caring and giving mother, grandmother and great-grandmother, always putting others first. She used to save up for Christmas by doing extra work like running traps with her girlfriends early in the morning, her prize catch was a silver fox. “Mom could do it all.”
Mary worked over thirty years at the Savanna City Hospital as a CNA, then worked for the Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna for eleven years. She was a volunteer with the Savanna Ambulance Association and a member of the Savanna First United Methodist Church.
Mary will be dearly missed by her nine children, Charles (Debra) Belander III of Lemont, lllinois, Sally Marken of Savanna, Susan (Jeff) McIntyre of Savanna, John (Renee) Belander of Mount Carroll, Mary (Steve) Klein of Maquoketa, Iowa, Linda Belander of Savanna, Debra (Tony) Jackson of Savanna, Salinda Belander of Savanna and Joseph Belander of Savanna; sixteen grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; one brother, Willie Snodgrass of Clinton, Iowa; two sisters, Irene McDonnell of Davenport, Iowa, and Beverly McArdle of Clinton, Iowa.
Mary is preceded in death by her husband; a daughter in infancy, Mary Louise; a granddaughter, Jennifer Belander; and four brothers, John, Art, Wilbur and Floyd Snodgrass.
Death date: Dec. 27, 2012
SAVANNA, Ill. —
June 23, 1933 - Dec. 27, 2012
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen
Richard (Ric) Irving Carlsen, age 72 of Belmont, CA formerly of San Francisco, CA died February 28, 2014. Per his wishes he was cremated. A memorial service will be April 4, 2014 and his ashes will be scattered in San Francisco Bay.
Mary Ann "Ma" Finn
Formerly of Fulton, IL, Ann was born in Glasgow, Scotland, & immigrated to America with her family. She worked at A.C. Neilsen Co. & Eagles Grocery Store.
- Wilma Reichling MAQUOKETA -- Wilma Reichling, 90, of Maquoketa, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Clover Ridge in Maquoketa. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the First Lutheran Church in Maquoketa. Vi
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Clinton Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday at Select Specialty Hospital in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Jackson Rhys Laurion CLINTON -- Jackson Rhys Laurion, infant son of Levi and Jessica Laurion, passed away Tuesday, March 4, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North. Funeral services will be held at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation wil
- More Obituaries Headlines
- Patricia Ann Fairbanks