SAVANNA, Ill. —
June 23, 1933 - Dec. 27, 2012
Mary Lou Belander, age 79, of Savanna, passed into eternity Thursday, December 27, 2012, at the Good Samaritan Nursing Home, Mount Carroll, Illinois.
A funeral service will be held 10:30 a.m. Monday, December 31, 2012, at the First United Methodist Church, Savanna, with the Reverend Sejoon Jang officiating. Burial will be in the Savanna Township Cemetery. Visitation will be held from 3 to 7 p.m. Sunday, December 30, 2012, at the First United Methodist Church, Savanna. Memorials may be given in Mary's memory to the Savanna First United Methodist Church. Condolences and tributes may be shared with the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Mary was born June 23, 1933, in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of John and Bernice (Gundelfinger) Snodgrass. She attended Clinton schools. On June 19, 1951, Mary married Charles Belander Jr. in Little Rock, Arkansas. He passed into eternity on February 7, 1986. Mary and Charles are survived by nine children who remember well the younger years of camping, fishing and bike riding with Mom and Dad. Mary was a caring and giving mother, grandmother and great-grandmother, always putting others first. She used to save up for Christmas by doing extra work like running traps with her girlfriends early in the morning, her prize catch was a silver fox. “Mom could do it all.”
Mary worked over thirty years at the Savanna City Hospital as a CNA, then worked for the Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna for eleven years. She was a volunteer with the Savanna Ambulance Association and a member of the Savanna First United Methodist Church.
Mary will be dearly missed by her nine children, Charles (Debra) Belander III of Lemont, lllinois, Sally Marken of Savanna, Susan (Jeff) McIntyre of Savanna, John (Renee) Belander of Mount Carroll, Mary (Steve) Klein of Maquoketa, Iowa, Linda Belander of Savanna, Debra (Tony) Jackson of Savanna, Salinda Belander of Savanna and Joseph Belander of Savanna; sixteen grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; one brother, Willie Snodgrass of Clinton, Iowa; two sisters, Irene McDonnell of Davenport, Iowa, and Beverly McArdle of Clinton, Iowa.
Mary is preceded in death by her husband; a daughter in infancy, Mary Louise; a granddaughter, Jennifer Belander; and four brothers, John, Art, Wilbur and Floyd Snodgrass.
Death date: Dec. 27, 2012
SAVANNA, Ill. —
June 23, 1933 - Dec. 27, 2012
- Henrietta 'Etta' Jane Wiebenga Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga Jan. 19, 1924 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Henrietta "Etta" Jane Wiebenga, 90, of Prairie Hills Senior Living Center in Clinton, IA; formerly of Fulton, IL, died Sunday, April 20, 2014, at Mercy Living Center South, Clin
- Eleanor J. Douglas MORRISON, Ill. -- Eleanor J. Douglas, 93, of Pleasant View Nursing Home, Morrison, died Wednesday, April 16, 2014 at the nursing home. The funeral will begin at 10:30 AM Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home,
- Willard Henricksen PRESTON -- Willard Henricksen, 96, of Preston, died Friday at Crest Ridge Care Center in Maquoketa. Cremation rites will be accorded and inurnment will take place at a later date. Death date: April 18, 2014 Willard Henricksen
- Ralph D. 'Buddy' Mundhank Ralph D. 'Buddy' Mundhank May 18, 1937 - April 18, 2014 DAVENPORT -- Ralph D. "Buddy" Mundhank, 76, of Davenport, went to be with the Lord Friday, April 18, 2014 at his home in Clinton. A memorial gathering for friends and family will be Monday (4/21
- Susan 'Sue' M. Wing Susan 'Sue' M. Wing Nov. 9, 1950 - April 18, 2014 CLINTON -- Susan "Sue" M. Wing, 63, of Clinton, passed away, Friday, April 18, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center - North Campus, Clinton, Iowa. A Memorial Gathering will be held on Tuesday, April 22, 2014
- Charlotte Howard Aug. 1, 1950 - April 16, 2014 CLINTON -- Charlotte Ann Howard, 63, of Clinton, Iowa, passed away at the Alverno on April 16, 2014. Funeral services will be at 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, April 22 at Lemke Funeral Homes - South Chapel (2610 Manufacturing Drive
- Edward 'Ed' Traum EdWard 'Ed' Traum June 20, 1943 - April 18, 2014 MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Edward "Ed" Traum, loving Husband, Father, Grandfather, Brother and Uncle, passed into heaven Friday, April 18, 2014, at the age of 70, with the loving care of his family, at home
- Eleanor Douglas Morrison, Ill. Eleanor Douglas Eleanor Douglas, 93, of Morrison and formerly of Fulton, Ill., died Wednesday at Pleasant View Nursing Home in Morrison. Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Peggy Lee Kuehl MORRISON, Ill. -- Peggy Lee Kuehl, 76, of Clinton and formerly of Morrison, died Thursday, April 17, 2014, at Harmony House in Mercy Living Center South, Clinton, IA. Funeral services will be at 10:30 a.m. Tuesday, April 22, 2014 at the Morrison Unit
- Douglas W. Fulton Douglas W. Fulton March 21, 1944 - April 15, 2014 CLINTON -- Douglas W. Fulton, age 70, of Clinton, died Tuesday April 15, 2014 at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. According to family wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A privat
- More Obituaries Headlines