SAVANNA, Ill. —
June 23, 1933 - Dec. 27, 2012
Mary Lou Belander, age 79, of Savanna, passed into eternity Thursday, December 27, 2012, at the Good Samaritan Nursing Home, Mount Carroll, Illinois.
A funeral service will be held 10:30 a.m. Monday, December 31, 2012, at the First United Methodist Church, Savanna, with the Reverend Sejoon Jang officiating. Burial will be in the Savanna Township Cemetery. Visitation will be held from 3 to 7 p.m. Sunday, December 30, 2012, at the First United Methodist Church, Savanna. Memorials may be given in Mary's memory to the Savanna First United Methodist Church. Condolences and tributes may be shared with the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Mary was born June 23, 1933, in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of John and Bernice (Gundelfinger) Snodgrass. She attended Clinton schools. On June 19, 1951, Mary married Charles Belander Jr. in Little Rock, Arkansas. He passed into eternity on February 7, 1986. Mary and Charles are survived by nine children who remember well the younger years of camping, fishing and bike riding with Mom and Dad. Mary was a caring and giving mother, grandmother and great-grandmother, always putting others first. She used to save up for Christmas by doing extra work like running traps with her girlfriends early in the morning, her prize catch was a silver fox. “Mom could do it all.”
Mary worked over thirty years at the Savanna City Hospital as a CNA, then worked for the Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna for eleven years. She was a volunteer with the Savanna Ambulance Association and a member of the Savanna First United Methodist Church.
Mary will be dearly missed by her nine children, Charles (Debra) Belander III of Lemont, lllinois, Sally Marken of Savanna, Susan (Jeff) McIntyre of Savanna, John (Renee) Belander of Mount Carroll, Mary (Steve) Klein of Maquoketa, Iowa, Linda Belander of Savanna, Debra (Tony) Jackson of Savanna, Salinda Belander of Savanna and Joseph Belander of Savanna; sixteen grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; one brother, Willie Snodgrass of Clinton, Iowa; two sisters, Irene McDonnell of Davenport, Iowa, and Beverly McArdle of Clinton, Iowa.
Mary is preceded in death by her husband; a daughter in infancy, Mary Louise; a granddaughter, Jennifer Belander; and four brothers, John, Art, Wilbur and Floyd Snodgrass.
Death date: Dec. 27, 2012
SAVANNA, Ill. —
June 23, 1933 - Dec. 27, 2012
- Elizabeth Grossman Clinton Elizabeth Grossman Elizabeth Grossman, 74, of Clinton died today at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. Funeral arrangements are pending with Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Kenneth E. Dauen Kenneth E. Dauen Aug. 27, 1958 - Dec. 8, 2013 WARREN, Ill. -- Kenneth E. Dauen, 55, of Warren, IL, formerly of Albany, IL, died Sunday, December 8, 2013, at the Mercy Medical Center North, Clinton, IA. Kenneth was born August 27, 1958, in Morrison, I
- Marjorie M. Dierks Marjorie M. Dierks Nov. 13, 1924 - Dec. 8, 2013 CLINTON -- Marjorie M. Dierks, 89, of Clinton, IA, passed away Sunday, December 8, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center. Services will be at 10:00 a.m. Friday, December 13th at the Pape Funeral Home. Visitation
- Ben Ray Ben Ray Sept. 18, 1931 - Dec. 6, 2013 FULTON, Ill. -- The soul of Ben Ray left this earth on December 6, 2013. Ben Ray was born in Murray, Kentucky, on September 18, 1931. He was raised by his grandparents Mary and Henry Houston Ray who enabled Ben t
- Louis K. Ronnfeldt Louis K. Ronnfeldt Sept. 11, 1940 - Dec. 7, 2013 CAMANCHE -- Louis K. Ronnfeldt, age 73, of Camanche, passed away Saturday, December 7, 2013 at his home. In following his wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. A gathering of family and friends w
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Lawrence 'Larry' E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday at Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna. A funeral service will be held at noon Wednesday at Law-Jones Funeral Home in Savanna. Burial will take pla
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- More Obituaries Headlines