SAVANNA, Ill. —
June 23, 1933 - Dec. 27, 2012
Mary Lou Belander, age 79, of Savanna, passed into eternity Thursday, December 27, 2012, at the Good Samaritan Nursing Home, Mount Carroll, Illinois.
A funeral service will be held 10:30 a.m. Monday, December 31, 2012, at the First United Methodist Church, Savanna, with the Reverend Sejoon Jang officiating. Burial will be in the Savanna Township Cemetery. Visitation will be held from 3 to 7 p.m. Sunday, December 30, 2012, at the First United Methodist Church, Savanna. Memorials may be given in Mary's memory to the Savanna First United Methodist Church. Condolences and tributes may be shared with the family at www.lawjonesfuneralhome.com.
Mary was born June 23, 1933, in Clinton, Iowa, the daughter of John and Bernice (Gundelfinger) Snodgrass. She attended Clinton schools. On June 19, 1951, Mary married Charles Belander Jr. in Little Rock, Arkansas. He passed into eternity on February 7, 1986. Mary and Charles are survived by nine children who remember well the younger years of camping, fishing and bike riding with Mom and Dad. Mary was a caring and giving mother, grandmother and great-grandmother, always putting others first. She used to save up for Christmas by doing extra work like running traps with her girlfriends early in the morning, her prize catch was a silver fox. “Mom could do it all.”
Mary worked over thirty years at the Savanna City Hospital as a CNA, then worked for the Big Meadows Nursing Home in Savanna for eleven years. She was a volunteer with the Savanna Ambulance Association and a member of the Savanna First United Methodist Church.
Mary will be dearly missed by her nine children, Charles (Debra) Belander III of Lemont, lllinois, Sally Marken of Savanna, Susan (Jeff) McIntyre of Savanna, John (Renee) Belander of Mount Carroll, Mary (Steve) Klein of Maquoketa, Iowa, Linda Belander of Savanna, Debra (Tony) Jackson of Savanna, Salinda Belander of Savanna and Joseph Belander of Savanna; sixteen grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; one brother, Willie Snodgrass of Clinton, Iowa; two sisters, Irene McDonnell of Davenport, Iowa, and Beverly McArdle of Clinton, Iowa.
Mary is preceded in death by her husband; a daughter in infancy, Mary Louise; a granddaughter, Jennifer Belander; and four brothers, John, Art, Wilbur and Floyd Snodgrass.
Death date: Dec. 27, 2012
SAVANNA, Ill. —
June 23, 1933 - Dec. 27, 2012
- Linda Kay Schnoor ClintonLinda Kay SchnoorLinda Kay Schnoor, 69, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City.Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Home.
- Joseph E. Barlow Joseph E. BarlowSept. 2, 1967 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Joseph E. Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.Funeral services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, August 1, 2014 at the Gateway Baptist Church. Burial will be in the
- Howard Paul Johnson Howard Paul JohnsonDec. 16, 1931 - July 28, 2014SAVANNA, Ill. — Howard Paul Johnson was a loving dad, grandpa, and husband. He died at the age of 82, on Monday, July 28, 2014 at Big Meadows Nursing Home surrounded by his loving family. A funeral serv
- Joseph Barlow CLINTON — Joseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at Gateway Baptist Church in Clinton. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to the service time Friday at the church. A complete obituary will
- Robert Hammer Robert HammerJan. 31, 1930 - July 27, 2014CLINTON — Robert Hammer, age 84, of Clinton, passed away Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his home. Funeral services will be held at 12:00 noon on Saturday, August 2, 2014 at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will
- Joseph Barlow ClintonJoseph BarlowJoseph Barlow, 46, of Clinton, died Sunday in Mount Pleasant. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Olive Eloise Speer HANOVER, Ill. — Olive Eloise Speer, 104, of Hanover, died Thursday at home.A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Hanover United Presbyterian Church. Burial will be in the Evergreen Cemetery in Hanover. A visitation will be held
- Linda J. Pro Linda J. ProSep. 19, 1943 - July 23, 2014WEST HARTFORD, Conn. – Linda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, passed away Wednesday, July 23, 2014 at the Hartford Hospital.Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m., Thursday, July 31
- Joseph F. Clancy Joseph F. ClancyFeb. 23, 1968 - July 27, 2014CEDAR RAPIDS — Joseph F. Clancy, age 46, of Cedar Rapids, IA, formerly of Clinton, died Sunday, July 27, 2014 at his mother’s home in Clinton, surrounded by his family. A gathering of friends and family wi
- Robert Hammer CLINTON — Robert Hammer, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at home.Funeral services will be held at noon Saturday at St. John Lutheran Church. Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until the funeral time Saturday at the church. A complete obituary will appear i
- More Obituaries Headlines