July 27, 1935 - Dec. 28, 2012
Dorothy B. Petersen, 77, of Fulton, Ill., died Friday, December 28, 2012, at the Alverno healthcare facility in Clinton.
A funeral Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Thursday, January 3, 2013, at the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Fulton with the Rev. Father David Austin of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, officiating. Visitation will be from 2 to 7 p.m. Wednesday, January 2, 2013, at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home. A Rosary will be held at 7 p.m. Wednesday, January 2, 2012, at the conclusion of the visitation. Interment will be in the Clinton Lawn Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Fulton.
She was born July 27, 1935, in Clinton County to Frank Krogmann Jr. and Josephine (Bormann) Krogmann.
Dorothy attended the rural Clinton County grade schools.
She married Peter H. Petersen on November 16, 1954, in Clinton; he died June 4, 1993.
Dorothy worked at the Fulton Meat Market for over 40 years.
She was a member of the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Fulton and she was involved with the Women of the Moose Chapter 474 in Clinton, Iowa.
She enjoyed playing Bingo, cooking and embroidery work.
Survivors include one daughter, Jolene Burgrabe of Fulton; three brothers, Clarence (Mardella) Krogman of Clinton, Lester (Betty Boehmer) Krogmann of Clinton and Arnold (Mary) Krogmann of Clinton; many nieces and nephews; and one aunt, Mrs. Agnes Paskert of Lake Park, Iowa.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband, Peter; one son-in-law, Fred Burgrabe; one sister, Irene Swanson; and one brother, Raymond Krogmann.
To send online condolences go to www.bosmarenkes.com.
Death date: Dec. 28, 2012
July 27, 1935 - Dec. 28, 2012
- Karl H. Hoover CLINTON — Karl H. Hoover, 59, of Clinton, died Tuesday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic in Iowa City. Private burial will be at the Rock Island, Illinois, National Cemetery. There will be no services or visitation. Death date: July 22,
- Gracie Lynn Ungs DUBUQUE — Gracie Lynn Ungs, infant daughter of Jennifer Hamilton and Jacob Ungs, died July 17.Private services will be held.
- Arlyn S. Cady PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. — Arlyn S. Cady, 90, of Prophetstown, died Tuesday at home.Funeral services will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at First Lutheran Church in Prophetstown. Visitation will be from 9 a.m. Saturday until the time of the service at the church.
- Harry Thies DUBUQUE — Harry Thies, 90, of Dubuque, formerly of Lowden and Maquoketa, died Monday at Manor Care in Dubuque.Graveside services and burial will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday at Mt. Hope Cemetery in Maquoketa. The family will greet family and friends f
- Nellie Pruis-Douma Jan. 20, 1917 – July 21, 2014MORRISON, Ill. — Nellie Pruis-Douma, 97, of Resthave Home – Morrison, died Monday, July 21, 2014, at Morrison Community Hospital - Morrison.The funeral will be 10:30 a.m. Saturday, July 26, 2014 at Emmanuel Reformed Churc
- Martin Allen Stansbarger CLINTON — Infant Martin Allen Stansbarger passed away at birth on July 19, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus surrounded by angels and into the loving arms of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Martin’s parents, Jim and Natasha Stansbarger, wil
- Nellie Douma Morrison, Ill.Nellie DoumaNellie Douma, 97, of Morrison, died Jan. 21 at Morrison Community Hospital.Arrangements are pending at the Morrison chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Brentley Louis Kemp MAQUOKETA — Brentley Louis Kemp, infant son of Justin and Michelle (Pierson) Kemp, of Maquoketa, died July 10.Private services will be held. Death date: July 10, 2014
- Brenda Aiken DEWITT — Brenda (Henning) Aiken, 68, of DeWitt, died Friday at home.Visitation will be from 4 to 7 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1, at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt. A funeral service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 2, at Faith Lutheran Church in Calamus.
- Bernice Viola Sander Bernice Viola SanderOct. 17, 1913 - July 17, 2014CLINTON — Bernice Viola Sander, 100, of Clinton, died Thursday, July 17, 2014 at home after 100 great years and will be missed by all her family.Memorial services will be 11:00 a.m., Friday, July 25, 2
- More Obituaries Headlines