June 5, 1963 - Dec. 30, 2012
Bonny S. Delk-Young, 49, of Clinton, graduated to glory on Sunday, December 30, 2012, at her home in Clinton.
Going Home Services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, January 3, 2013, at the Gateway Baptist Church, Clinton, with the Rev. Jon Booth officiating. Burial will be in the Rose Hill Cemetery, Camanche.
Serving as pallbearers will be Heather Snyder, Randy Thompson, Joshua Delk, Douglas Grear, Gary Olsen and Kevin Wisor. Visitation will be Wednesday from 4 to 8 p.m. at the Camanche Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
Bonny Sue Delk was born on June 5, 1963, in Memphis, Tennessee, the daughter of T.J. and Mary Ann (Jordan) Delk.
Bonny worked as a cook on river barges for 6 years.
Bonny enjoyed collecting cookbooks, cooking, spending time with friends and being with her family. She was a member of Gateway Baptist Church, Clinton.
Bonny is survived by one son, Tyler Olsen of Clinton; four grandchildren: Ali, Zoey, Jakob and Jasper Olsen; her parents, Mary and David Phelps of Camanche; one sister, Shannon (Kevin) Wisor of Schaumburg, Illinois, her brother, Michael (Brenda) Delk of Arkansas; and her maternal grandmother, Virginia Phelps of Camanche; and dear friends, Jack Young and Heather Snyder of Clinton.
Bonny was preceded in death by her son, Randy Olsen; her brother, Richard Delk; her father, T.J. Delk; her grandfathers and her paternal grandmother.
Memorials can be made to the family.
Online condolences can be expressed by visiting her obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Death date: Dec. 30, 2012
June 5, 1963 - Dec. 30, 2012
- Richard N. Varner CLINTON -- Richard N. Varner, 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center South. Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. Thursday at Lemke Funeral Homes South chapel. Visitation will begin one hour before the service time at 1 p.m. at the funeral
- Camilla P. Siders Maquoketa Camilla P. Siders Camilla P. Siders, 95, of Maquoketa, died Sunday at the Maquoketa Care Center. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Roberta Ann Tichler Roberta Ann Tichler July 24, 1937 - March 9, 2014 FULTON, Ill. -- Roberta Ann Tichler, 76, of Fulton, died Sunday, March 9, 2014 at CGH Medical Center in Sterling, IL after her courageous battle with cancer; surrounded by her loving family. Funeral s
- James C. Thyne Clinton James C. Thyne James C. Thyne, 62, of Clinton, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Pape Funeral Home.
- Pamela J. Harlock Pamela J. Harlock Aug. 16, 1951 - March 6, 2014 CLINTON -- Pamela J. Harlock, age 63, of Clinton, IA, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, TX. Funeral services will be held Friday at 10:30 a.m. March 14th at the Pape Funeral Home
- Gary M. Ferris FULTON, Ill. -- Gary M. Ferris, 67, of Fulton, died Sunday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. There will be no visitation or funeral services. Cremation rites have been accorded. Death date: March 9, 2014 Gary M. Ferris
- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson ANDREW -- Theresa Marie Blake-Johnson, 34, of Andrew, died Saturday at her home, from injuries sustained in a house fire. A celebration of her life will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at the Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa. Visitation
- Catherine Petras Camanche Catherine Petras Catherine Petras, 62, of Camanche, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Lemke Funeral Homes.
- Joyce E. Andersen Joyce E. Andersen Oct. 1, 1934 - March 8, 2014 CLINTON — Joyce E. Andersen, age 79, of Clinton, passed away Saturday March 8, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be 10:30 a.m. Thursday, March 13t,h at the Church of the Open Door, Clinton. Visita
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- More Obituaries Headlines