Aug. 16, 1921 - Jan. 6, 2013
Robert G. Walliker, 91, of Clinton, died Sunday, January 6, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center, North Campus, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Thursday, January 10, 2012, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Burial will follow in the Springdale Cemetery with military honors being conducted by Clinton AMVETS Post 28. Serving as pallbearers will be Brad Dawson, Jim Bengtson Jr., Scott Bengtson, Bill Klahn, Bob Rentz and Jeff Sterbenz. Serving as honorary pallbearers will be Frank Hickisch Jr., Dave Clizbe, Bob Boegel, George Clausen and Gail Mauck. Visitation will be Wednesday from 4 to 7 p.m. with a Rose Croix service to conclude the visitation at 7 p.m. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting his obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Robert Gerald Walliker was born on August 16, 1921, in Clinton, Iowa, the son of Dr. Wilbur and Lotta (Liquin) Walliker. He was a 1938 graduate of Clinton High School and graduated from Cornell College in 1942. He married Inge Heiberg on December 20, 1942, in Clinton.
Robert served in the United States Army from 1943-1946.
Robert was the feed and oil sales manager at Clinton Corn/Nabisco retiring in 1981 after 38 years of service.
Robert was a member of the First Congregational Church for over 60 years, member and past president of the Springdale Cemetery board, an over 50-year member of Western Star Lodge #100, Clinton Scottish Rite Bodies, KAABA Shrine, member of the American Legion, life member of the Chicago Feed Club, former board member of the Clinton Chamber of Commerce and a member and past president of the Clinton Country Club. He enjoyed playing gin rummy and golf with his friends at the country club.
Robert is survived by his wife of 70 years, Inge of Clinton; two daughters, Tiffany (Doug) Dawson of Midland, Michigan, and Sarah (Jim) Bengtson of Clinton; four grandchildren and 6 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, one son, two sisters and an infant brother.
Memorials can be made to the Springdale Cemetery Association.
Death date: Jan. 6, 2013
Aug. 16, 1921 - Jan. 6, 2013
- Linda J. Pro ClintonLinda J. ProLinda J. Pro, 70, of West Hartford, Connecticut, formerly of Clinton, died Wednesday at the Hartford Hospital – Hartford, Connecticut. Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory.
- Steven C. Charnoski Feb. 24, 1948 – July 24, 2014CAMANCHE — Steven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, July 24, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center – Clinton.Funeral Services will be 1:30 p.m. Tuesday, July 29, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral
- Delbert H. Stamp Oct. 2, 1931 – July 24, 2014CLINTON — Delbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, July 24, 2014 at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook, Iowa.Funeral Services will be 2:30 p.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Ho
- Joyce Hartman March 22, 1919 – July 24, 2014MOUNT CARROLL, Ill. — Joyce Ramona L. Hartman, 95, of Rockford, passed away on Thursday, July 24, 2014, in Wesley Willows Health Center. Born March 22, 1919, in Kirkland, Ill., the daughter of George and Nellie (Burt) La
- Jana Sue Goettsch June 1, 1955 – July 25, 2014LOWDEN — Jana Sue Goettsch, 59, of Lowden, died Friday, July 25, 2014, at Wheatland Manor.She was born June 1, 1955 in Clinton to Robert R. and Dolores Shelton Stankee. She married Jeff Goettsch on November 25, 1989 in Wh
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center – South, Clinton.The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday, July 28, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Crematory. Visitation will be from 10
- Thomas Determan Thomas DetermanApril 10, 1948 - July 22, 2014DUBUQUE — Thomas Determan completed his transition to the uncertain, albeit likely, next phase of existence on July 22, 2014.He entered life on April 10, 1948. His parents, Don and Helen Determan, nurtured
- Steven C. Charnoski CamancheSteven C. CharnoskiSteven C. Charnoski, 66, of Camanche, died Thursday at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Home and Crematory.
- Doris D. Sheldon ClintonDoris D. SheldonDoris D. Sheldon, 83, of Clinton, died Thursday at Mercy Living Center South in Clinton.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Delbert H. Stamp ClintonDelbert H. StampDelbert H. Stamp, 82, of Clinton, died Thursday at Westbrook Acres in Gladbrook.Arrangements are pending at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines