Aug. 16, 1921 - Jan. 6, 2013
Robert G. Walliker, 91, of Clinton, died Sunday, January 6, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center, North Campus, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Thursday, January 10, 2012, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Burial will follow in the Springdale Cemetery with military honors being conducted by Clinton AMVETS Post 28. Serving as pallbearers will be Brad Dawson, Jim Bengtson Jr., Scott Bengtson, Bill Klahn, Bob Rentz and Jeff Sterbenz. Serving as honorary pallbearers will be Frank Hickisch Jr., Dave Clizbe, Bob Boegel, George Clausen and Gail Mauck. Visitation will be Wednesday from 4 to 7 p.m. with a Rose Croix service to conclude the visitation at 7 p.m. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting his obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Robert Gerald Walliker was born on August 16, 1921, in Clinton, Iowa, the son of Dr. Wilbur and Lotta (Liquin) Walliker. He was a 1938 graduate of Clinton High School and graduated from Cornell College in 1942. He married Inge Heiberg on December 20, 1942, in Clinton.
Robert served in the United States Army from 1943-1946.
Robert was the feed and oil sales manager at Clinton Corn/Nabisco retiring in 1981 after 38 years of service.
Robert was a member of the First Congregational Church for over 60 years, member and past president of the Springdale Cemetery board, an over 50-year member of Western Star Lodge #100, Clinton Scottish Rite Bodies, KAABA Shrine, member of the American Legion, life member of the Chicago Feed Club, former board member of the Clinton Chamber of Commerce and a member and past president of the Clinton Country Club. He enjoyed playing gin rummy and golf with his friends at the country club.
Robert is survived by his wife of 70 years, Inge of Clinton; two daughters, Tiffany (Doug) Dawson of Midland, Michigan, and Sarah (Jim) Bengtson of Clinton; four grandchildren and 6 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, one son, two sisters and an infant brother.
Memorials can be made to the Springdale Cemetery Association.
Death date: Jan. 6, 2013
Aug. 16, 1921 - Jan. 6, 2013
- Robert E. Petersen October 29, 1929 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Robert E. Petersen, 84, of Clinton, passed away on Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Medical Center North Campus - Clinton. Private Family Services will be held. Burial will be in the Clinton Lawn Ceme
- Cheryl Seymour January 24, 1951 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Cheryl "Sheri" Mary Seymour, 62, of Clinton, passed away December 5, 2013 at her home surrounded by her family after brief battle with cancer. Funeral Services will be 10:30 am, Monday, December 9, 2013
- Raymond C. Huseby DeWitt Raymond C. Huseby Raymond C. Huseby, 82, of DeWitt, died Sunday afternoon, December 1, 2013, in his home. A service will be held at a later date and will be announced by Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt. Raymond C. Huseby
- Charles W. Burke February 5, 1934 - December 5, 2013 DEWITT -- Mr. Charles W. Burke, 79, of DeWitt, Iowa, died Thursday evening, December 5, 2013, at Trinity Medical Center, Rock Island, Illinois. Charles William Burke was born February 5, 1934, in Clinton, Iowa, to
- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt DEWITT -- Dr. A. A. "Bud" Frommelt, 85, of DeWitt, died Wednesday, December 4, 2013, at Mercy Hospital in Dubuque. Visitation will be at Schultz Funeral Home, DeWitt, from 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday, December 8, 2013 with a Knights of Columbus Rosary at 1 p
- Madonna M. Finch December 12, 1932-December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Madonna "Donna" M. Finch, 80, of Clinton and formerly of Camanche, passed away, Thursday, December 5, 2013 at Mercy Living Center South. Visitation will be held from 10:30 AM to 11:30 AM Tuesday, December
- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green THOMSON, Ill. -- Lawrence "Larry" E. Green, 91, of Thomson and formerly of Savanna, Ill., died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Big Meadows Nursing Home, Savanna. A funeral service will be held noon, Wednesday, December 11, 2013 at Law-Jones Funeral Home
- Robert E. Anderson PROPHETSTOWN, Ill. -- Robert E. Anderson, 94, of Prophetstown, died Thursday, December 5, 2013, at CGH Medical Center, Sterling, Ill. The funeral will be at 11:00 a.m. Tuesday, December 10, 2013, at the Prophetstown United Methodist Church, preceded
- Donald Hamstra August 19, 1920- December 6, 2013 MORRISON, Ill. -- Donald Hamstra, 93, Resthave Nursing and Retirement Home, Morrison, died Friday, December 6, 2013 at Resthave Nursing and Retirement Home, Morrison. The funeral will be 2:00 P.M., Monday, December 9
- Leslie "Bud" Chandler August 29th, 1924 - December 5, 2013 CLINTON -- Leslie "Bud" Chandler, 89, of Clinton, Iowa passed away peacefully at Mercy Medical Center - North on Dec. 5, 2013. Funeral services will take place at 10:30 a.m. on Monday, December 9th at Lemke Funer
- More Obituaries Headlines