Aug. 16, 1921 - Jan. 6, 2013
Robert G. Walliker, 91, of Clinton, died Sunday, January 6, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center, North Campus, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Thursday, January 10, 2012, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Burial will follow in the Springdale Cemetery with military honors being conducted by Clinton AMVETS Post 28. Serving as pallbearers will be Brad Dawson, Jim Bengtson Jr., Scott Bengtson, Bill Klahn, Bob Rentz and Jeff Sterbenz. Serving as honorary pallbearers will be Frank Hickisch Jr., Dave Clizbe, Bob Boegel, George Clausen and Gail Mauck. Visitation will be Wednesday from 4 to 7 p.m. with a Rose Croix service to conclude the visitation at 7 p.m. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting his obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Robert Gerald Walliker was born on August 16, 1921, in Clinton, Iowa, the son of Dr. Wilbur and Lotta (Liquin) Walliker. He was a 1938 graduate of Clinton High School and graduated from Cornell College in 1942. He married Inge Heiberg on December 20, 1942, in Clinton.
Robert served in the United States Army from 1943-1946.
Robert was the feed and oil sales manager at Clinton Corn/Nabisco retiring in 1981 after 38 years of service.
Robert was a member of the First Congregational Church for over 60 years, member and past president of the Springdale Cemetery board, an over 50-year member of Western Star Lodge #100, Clinton Scottish Rite Bodies, KAABA Shrine, member of the American Legion, life member of the Chicago Feed Club, former board member of the Clinton Chamber of Commerce and a member and past president of the Clinton Country Club. He enjoyed playing gin rummy and golf with his friends at the country club.
Robert is survived by his wife of 70 years, Inge of Clinton; two daughters, Tiffany (Doug) Dawson of Midland, Michigan, and Sarah (Jim) Bengtson of Clinton; four grandchildren and 6 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, one son, two sisters and an infant brother.
Memorials can be made to the Springdale Cemetery Association.
Death date: Jan. 6, 2013
Aug. 16, 1921 - Jan. 6, 2013
- Nancy L. Dykstra Fulton, Ill. Nancy L. Dykstra Nancy L. Dykstra, 69, of Fulton, died Tuesday at Mercy Medical Center North in Clinton. Arrangements are pending at the Fulton chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home.
- Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris Mildred 'Millie' A. Norris June 16, 1922 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Mildred "Millie" A. Norris, 91, of Clinton, went home to be with The Lord, Monday, April 21, 2014 from Delmar Gardens of O'Fallon, Missouri. Visitation will be Friday, April 25, 201
- Glenn G. Meader Maquoketa Glenn G. Meader Glenn Meader, 65, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at home. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- Rita R. Miller SAVANNA, Ill. -- Rita R. Miller, 84, of Savanna, died Monday at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics in Iowa City. A funeral Mass will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Savanna with Father Dennis Atto as celeb
- Jane Butzbach Meyer Jane Butzbach Meyer June 4, 1929 - April 20, 2014 CLINTON -- Jane Butzbach Meyer, age 84, of Clinton, died Sunday at Mercy Living Center South. A celebration of life will be held Saturday, April 26th at 2:00 p.m. at the First Congregational Church i
- Frank J. Petkewicz CHADWICK, Ill. -- Frank J. Petkewicz, 75, of Chadwick, died Monday at Carroll County Good Samaritan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Mount Carroll, Ill. A funeral Mass will be held at 11 a.m. Monday at Ss. John and Catherine Catholic Church in Mo
- Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Maquoketa Howard E. 'Sonny' Clark Howard E. "Sonny" Clark, 86, of Maquoketa, died Tuesday at the Crestridge Nursing Home in Maquoketa. Arrangements are pending at Carson Celebration of Life Center in Maquoketa.
- James Robert Paglin ELIZABETH, Ill. -- James Robert Paglin, 75, of Elizabeth, died Monday at home. A funeral service will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Elizabeth with the Rev. Harvey Nicholson officiating. Burial will be in Woodbine, Ill
- Nancy L. Weed Nancy L. Weed March 5, 1945 - April 21, 2014 CLINTON -- Nancy L. Weed, age 69, of Clinton, died Monday, April 21, 2014 at her home. According to her wishes, cremation rites have been accorded. Memorial services will be held at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Ap
- Vinson Carpenter Clinton Vinson Carpenter Vinson Carpenter, 83, of Clinton, died Monday at home. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- More Obituaries Headlines