Aug. 16, 1921 - Jan. 6, 2013
Robert G. Walliker, 91, of Clinton, died Sunday, January 6, 2013, at Mercy Medical Center, North Campus, Clinton.
Funeral services will be 11 a.m. Thursday, January 10, 2012, at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory. Burial will follow in the Springdale Cemetery with military honors being conducted by Clinton AMVETS Post 28. Serving as pallbearers will be Brad Dawson, Jim Bengtson Jr., Scott Bengtson, Bill Klahn, Bob Rentz and Jeff Sterbenz. Serving as honorary pallbearers will be Frank Hickisch Jr., Dave Clizbe, Bob Boegel, George Clausen and Gail Mauck. Visitation will be Wednesday from 4 to 7 p.m. with a Rose Croix service to conclude the visitation at 7 p.m. Online condolences may be expressed by visiting his obituary at www.snellzornig.com.
Robert Gerald Walliker was born on August 16, 1921, in Clinton, Iowa, the son of Dr. Wilbur and Lotta (Liquin) Walliker. He was a 1938 graduate of Clinton High School and graduated from Cornell College in 1942. He married Inge Heiberg on December 20, 1942, in Clinton.
Robert served in the United States Army from 1943-1946.
Robert was the feed and oil sales manager at Clinton Corn/Nabisco retiring in 1981 after 38 years of service.
Robert was a member of the First Congregational Church for over 60 years, member and past president of the Springdale Cemetery board, an over 50-year member of Western Star Lodge #100, Clinton Scottish Rite Bodies, KAABA Shrine, member of the American Legion, life member of the Chicago Feed Club, former board member of the Clinton Chamber of Commerce and a member and past president of the Clinton Country Club. He enjoyed playing gin rummy and golf with his friends at the country club.
Robert is survived by his wife of 70 years, Inge of Clinton; two daughters, Tiffany (Doug) Dawson of Midland, Michigan, and Sarah (Jim) Bengtson of Clinton; four grandchildren and 6 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, one son, two sisters and an infant brother.
Memorials can be made to the Springdale Cemetery Association.
Death date: Jan. 6, 2013
Aug. 16, 1921 - Jan. 6, 2013
- Wilma J. Owen DeWitt Wilma J. Owen Wilma J. Owen, 74, of DeWitt, died Friday at Genesis Medical Center East in Davenport. Arrangements are pending at Schultz Funeral Home in DeWitt.
- Ernestine W. Finnegan July 21, 1931 - March 6, 2014 CAMANCHE -- Ernestine W. Finnegan, 82, a resident of Camanche, IA, formerly of Princeton, died Thursday, March 6, 2014 at Mercy Medical Center in Clinton. Funeral services celebrating her life will be held at 12 Noon on
- Lana R. Woodard Sept. 3, 1947 - March 6, 2014 BIG ROCK, Ill. -- Lana R. Woodard, age 66, of Big Rock, passed away on Thursday, March 6, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held on Monday, March 10, 2014 at 10:30 a.m. at Chapman Funeral Home in Wheatland with
- Shirley Andresen Clinton Shirley Andresen Shirley Andresen, 76, of Clinton, died Friday at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics in Iowa City. Arrangements are pending at Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes and Crematory.
- Francis E. 'Jay' Keiller Jan. 12, 1948 - March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, passed away, Wednesday, March 5, 2014, surrounded by his loving family at Select Specialty Hospital, Davenport, Iowa. Funeral services will be 2:00 p.m., Sunday, Marc
Patricia Ann Fairbanks
Patricia Ann Fairbanks, 71, of La Crosse, Wisconsin (formally of Clinton) passed away March 2, 2014 unexpectedly after a short battle with cancer.
- Jerald Kreucher April 16, 1933-March 5, 2014 CLINTON -- Jerald Kreucher age 80 of Clinton, left this world to be with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ on Wednesday March 5, 2014 at Mercy North Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at the Pape Funeral Home o
- Pamela Harlock Clinton Pamela Harlock Pamela J. Harlock, 63 of Clinton, died Thursday March 6, 2014 at her home in San Antonio, Texas. Funeral arrangements are pending at the Pape Funeral Home, Clinton.
- Pamela Rae Baker Fulton, Ill. Pamela Rae Baker Pamela Rae Baker, 65, of Fulton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at her home Visitation will be from 4 to 6 p.m. Saturday, March 8, 2014 at the Fulton Chapel of the Bosma-Renkes Funeral Home in Fulton. There will be no fun
- Francis Keiller Clinton Francis Keiller Francis E. "Jay" Keiller, 66, of Clinton, died Wednesday, March 5, 2014 at Select Specialty Hospital - Davenport. Funeral services will be 2 p.m. Sunday, March 9, 2014 at the Clinton Chapel Snell-Zornig Funeral Homes & Cremato
- More Obituaries Headlines